Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 04-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
rear backrest and side hand grab bars

Hey there everyone,
I thought I put this on here already but it must have been on another site.
I have the orig. OEM backrest and side hand rails off my 06' Nomad. I recently installed a trunk and don't want / need them any more. They are in like new condition with the exception that the Vulcan badge is missing. I took that off to put it on my trunk. I'm not sure what the cost is to buy these parts from Kawasaki, Bike Bandit, etc. but I' open to the best offer over $150. .....is that too high?? Hey I'm guessing. Any suggestions? For the right offer I'll eat the ground shipping costs.
Rickyboy

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #2

One of the boards I play on had somebody asking to buy those, they should be a hot item. Don't see grab rials come up on eBay, like you do pipes and such.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:30 AM   #3
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
Hey there everyone,
I thought I put this on here already but it must have been on another site.
I have the orig. OEM backrest and side hand rails off my 06' Nomad. I recently installed a trunk and don't want / need them any more. They are in like new condition with the exception that the Vulcan badge is missing. I took that off to put it on my trunk. I'm not sure what the cost is to buy these parts from Kawasaki, Bike Bandit, etc. but I' open to the best offer over $150. .....is that too high?? Hey I'm guessing. Any suggestions? For the right offer I'll eat the ground shipping costs.
Rickyboy
I had 48 views on this subject but nobody seems interested or needs them I guess. Maybe $150 was too much.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 04-18-2008, 05:27 AM   #4

Your first price was fair I think considering what they sell for. Just need the timing of when someone decides they need them. How do you like the venture compared to the Nomad? I was looking at them when I decided on the Nomad.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #5

If I were you.....strike that

If you were me, you would probably be buying another nomad in the future, so you would keep all those parts, and when it came time to sell, you would strip the good stuff back off and put it back to stock. Then sell it as a regular nomad.

You would buy a new one, and put the good stuff all back on the new one.

I'm reusing my PhatII's from a previous nomad, and once I get my Venture trunk done, I won't be selling the bike with it. I'll take it off and keep it.

Just my 2 cents

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-19-2008, 12:30 AM   #6
Top Contributor

Hey misunderstood,
Ya I thought about what you and Dan had to say and modified the post.
I think maybe I will keep the parts. You never know I might decide to sell the Nomad one day. I really can't see it at this point.

In answer to your question Dan, and how I like the Venture?? Well that bike WAS great. Unfortunately it's not with me any more. My wife and I were on a trip with some good friends of ours, { they had the exact same bike one yr. newer} up in the Queen Charlotte Islands in Northern BC. It was a beautiful day to ride between Charlotte city and Masset City, when suddenly up from the ocean shore line and up a deep bank came a young doe deer. It came onto the road right beside us and took out the front wheel. So ....to make a long story short....and a roll of duct tape later,...we got back home had the bike fixed and I sold it. At that point other than going home my wife didn't have an appetite to ride any more. It was something we were going to do together so that was pretty much the end of riding for a few yrs. We did some month long vacations to Europe for a few yrs. instead. So then the reason I didn't get another bike was money. But when my wife received an inheritance she just told me to go get the bike I wanted and she paid for the Nomad. Uh huh ! Is it any wonder I love my wife? But again the Venture was a great handling bike with all the bells and whistles. Not what I wanted this time around though.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 04-20-2008, 07:40 PM   #7

Hey Rickyboy... (I'm not real good at these forum sites), I'm in North Idaho. Just got a 2003 Nomad 1500 in Seattle two weeks ago and rode it back to Idaho (yes over the Cascade Pass..yikes, the day before it was closed for Avalache control). I have a nice Corbin tour (two up) seat with built in backrests...(so far I'm not totally impressed) I'm trying to figure out if I want to adapt a passenger backrest, with a small luggage rack for use with a T-bag of some kind....or I'm more leaning towards going with a trunk (gees... like yours) Do you have an email I can contact you at? Thanks. Is your trunk the Mutazu brand or ?