Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 02-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
I will start off by saying I am part english on my mom's side, BUT, may be you need to reread your history. I can tell you that my dad did 35 missions in a B-17 from Chelveston. May be we should have stayed home and let you and your countrymen learn German. Hitler was in no position to attack America and hoped we stayed out. The Japanese are another story and got their comeuppance. I am really starting to believe that the best came here and the worst stayed behind, taking the role of wine and beer drinking surrender monkeys. England didn't hand over anything to the US for our troubles either.

At least you have Pat Condell, a saving grace.

mate, we paid you blokes war reparations up until about 1998, you need to check the history, and i think you are the exception to the rule when it comes to appreciation of what part the british played in the last 2 world wars. I find it easier to see another mans point of view when i can take him seriously, when he,s honest and upfront, not pretending to be a :Bad ass biker: with an avatar and words that give the impression that he,s a real mean bloke, when on closer scrutiny he turns out to nothing of the kind.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #182
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
I learnt German in school in England, does that make me a surrender monkey, whatever that is ? Not all Englishmen have the same mindset with regard to the U.S even though I do get a major hassle at the border (g).
You don't live there anymore, do you? I would hope that not all have the same mindset. My dad said that when he was over there, there were some that said yankee go home. There were some that were glad he was there. He did say the food was awful though. He swore off lamb and chocolate after that.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 02-22-2014, 01:25 PM   #183
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
mate, we paid you blokes war reparations up until about 1998, you need to check the history, and i think you are the exception to the rule when it comes to appreciation of what part the british played in the last 2 world wars. I find it easier to see another mans point of view when i can take him seriously, when he,s honest and upfront, not pretending to be a :Bad ass biker: with an avatar and words that give the impression that he,s a real mean bloke, when on closer scrutiny he turns out to nothing of the kind.
Who's a bad ass biker? I ride a BMW and I don't consider myself a biker. My avatar isn't of a biker at all. As far as war reparations, that isn't giving up real estate in the way of colonies. European countries got a lot in return, like rebuilding them and our security forces there.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Old 02-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #184
Sr. Contributor

Steve Hughes is pretty funny for an Englishman, although I understand he's originally from Australia.

BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 02-22-2014, 01:35 PM   #185
Top Contributor

I enjoy lamb, and chocolate. Also subs, burgers and hot dogs, barbecued ribs and chicken. Wait.... there is not much food I dont like.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #186

Quote:
Is it really a good idea for America to have millitary bases in everyones back yard, the monetary influence of this policy is pissing a lot of people off, now American congressmen are standing up in the ukraine, telling the people to revolt against the democratically elected government, ( because they have a gas pipeline from russian oilfields that the good old USA wants to control) WTF, how would it be if it were the other way around ! people are dying, and its just getting started,everywhere the Americans go they leave a mess. its just plain wrong mate, all wrong .
The USA may not be perfect but we liberate, not conquer. How long has it been since Europe destroyed each other through war? Thank those American bases. WWII was who's fault? You guys did a great job after WWI. Don't throw your lib press nonsense around and say it's history. Our founding principles are about the best ideas humanity has come up w and are under assault every day. I've always been a fan of the British because of their discipline, tenacity, Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher and many other reasons. Both our nations could surely use someone like them right now. We take no ones oil...we buy it. Don't begrudge what we have and call it history. That's whiny and not very British
VBA #02113
Antlers, Oklahoma '12
Blairsville, Georgia '13
Antlers, Oklahoma '13
Eureka Springs, Arkansas '15

Old 02-22-2014, 02:01 PM   #187
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
I ride a BMW and I don't consider myself a biker.
Being a biker has nothing to do with what you ride, the clothes you wear or the people you hang out with. It's all about your passion (or lack of) for riding a motorcycle. I ride a Victory Vision which is certainly NOT a Harley, chopper, bar hopper, etc. I don't wear many clothes that "traditional bikers" wear (except a vest and occasionally chaps) nor do I hang out with a bunch of long haired, scraggly, law breakers. I DO LOVE to ride therefore, I'm a biker.

If what you meant was that riding a bike is just a minor pastime and not a passion, I'll agree with you. You're not a biker.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 02-22-2014, 02:32 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
Being a biker has nothing to do with what you ride, the clothes you wear or the people you hang out with. It's all about your passion (or lack of) for riding a motorcycle. I ride a Victory Vision which is certainly NOT a Harley, chopper, bar hopper, etc. I don't wear many clothes that "traditional bikers" wear (except a vest and occasionally chaps) nor do I hang out with a bunch of long haired, scraggly, law breakers. I DO LOVE to ride therefore, I'm a biker.

If what you meant was that riding a bike is just a minor pastime and not a passion, I'll agree with you. You're not a biker.

Sorry Chris I have to respectfully disagree.
A biker is a one percenter , a law breaker long hair, dirty clothes tattooed to the hilt, rude, anti social , well, you get my drift.
You are what is called a motorcyclist
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 02-22-2014, 02:57 PM   #189
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
I enjoy lamb, and chocolate. Also subs, burgers and hot dogs, barbecued ribs and chicken. Wait.... there is not much food I dont like.

You didn't spend two weeks on a British ship on the way home being served nothing but boiled mutton and eating nothing but chocolate to avoid the mutton. They literally nearly had a mutiny over it.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 02-22-2014, 02:58 PM   #190
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
A biker is a one percenter , a law breaker long hair, dirty clothes tattooed to the hilt, rude, anti social , well, you get my drift.

I kind of agree. It's lifestyle, put on or otherwise.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 02-22-2014, 03:07 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
I would agree!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 02-22-2014, 03:11 PM   #192
Top Contributor

"You didn't spend two weeks on a British ship on the way home being served nothing but boiled mutton and eating nothing but chocolate to avoid the mutton. They literally nearly had a mutiny over it".

From what I understand it was the Americans that had the chocolate, not the British ?
Chocolate would have been a luxury and I dont think the convoys were heavily laden with chocolate destined for the U.K ?

At least they were not fed greasy fish and chips and warm beer (g).

For what its worth my dad was in the British army and threw up everytime he was onboard ship.
Must have been the mutton and chocolate ?

Last edited by redjay; 02-22-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #193

INJUSTICE...I didnt do it..I dont do it...and my forefathers ALL came from the 'British Ilses"...(On one side we are "Blue Blooded Bleeder's" During the American Reveloution.."Torries"..on the otherside ..One was hanged for his part in The Mutiny On The Bounty ..(I tend to be more like that side)..so I have the same -intensity of Independence that inspired them to come to the new world..and carve out a place for themselves...We arent rich..but much more well-off than could ever have been our fate had the lust for independence and self determination not been strong enought to kill for ! ... Still got it...and that's the risk the top floaters now are up against as they -think they will just lay back and smerk with out retribution as they bring down We The peolpe !

Old 02-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #194

Quote:
Is it really a good idea for America to have millitary bases in everyones back yard, the monetary influence of this policy is pissing a lot of people off, now American congressmen are standing up in the ukraine, telling the people to revolt against the democratically elected government, ( because they have a gas pipeline from russian oilfields that the good old USA wants to control) WTF, how would it be if it were the other way around ! people are dying, and its just getting started,everywhere the Americans go they leave a mess. its just plain wrong mate, all wrong .
I was talking about Quality control in manufacturing!

So how did that turn into a loony anti-American rambling rant?

Old 02-22-2014, 03:56 PM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by manban9888 View Post
The USA may not be perfect but we liberate, not conquer. How long has it been since Europe destroyed each other through war? Thank those American bases. WWII was who's fault? You guys did a great job after WWI. Don't throw your lib press nonsense around and say it's history. Our founding principles are about the best ideas humanity has come up w and are under assault every day. I've always been a fan of the British because of their discipline, tenacity, Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher and many other reasons. Both our nations could surely use someone like them right now. We take no ones oil...we buy it. Don't begrudge what we have and call it history. That's whiny and not very British
I agree and very well said.