Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 02-20-2014, 12:14 PM   #1

Power commander V with igniton

Hi,
I hope some one can help me, i have a question about the Dynatek 3000 (same as PC V) for kawasaki nomad 1700 year 2009. I have installed the Dynatek D3K2-3 (same firmware as PC V) on my bike, when i turn on the power i hear a electric noise from the throttle house. When i plug in the computer i can see how the procent goes up from 0 to 100 % on the throttle position without me touching the gas handle (and the voltage goes up in the throttle calibrate adjustment). It seems like the throttle house electric motor is on all the time.

I have a power commander 5 before on this bike and never heard that noise or see the % go upp when the bike is not on. I tried to start it (still winter here so can not drive it yet) and that seems normal. I can give it gas and it holds normal idle. Is this normal?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #2

If I am not mistaken the DynaTek 3000 is not the same as the PCV. According to DynaTek the 3000 allows only changes to the ignition timing and no changes to the fueling. Being able to alter the air/fuel ration is a lot more important than ignition timing changes, especially with an altered intake and/or exhaust system. I take it you still have the PCV on the bike?

I believe you are the first to try the 3000 so it would be logical to contact a technician at DynaTek to discuss this issue.

RACNRAY

Old 02-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #3

Thanx for your replay.

Dynatek and Dynojet is the same company today.

The Dynatek 3000 is the same as Power commander V with ignition. I have even flashed Power commander firmware on the Dynatek 3000 after talking to Dynatek about it. I use the same software on the computer two both and they share maps (i loaded Davids map on it).

Maybe you are thinking about the old Dynatek for carburator bikes, that one had ignition only. I checked up this when i bought it (Dynatek 3000). Used to have one for my Yamaha 1100.

Search for D3K2-3 and you will find it.

Last edited by Bikecustom; 02-20-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #4

I did a little correction in my last post.

I have contacted support about this aswell.