Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 04-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #1

All right brain-trust / fuel tank question

This is tough
I bought a tank off of ebay. I checked to make sure it was for a 2000 Nomad and it was. I painted this thing (see other thread) and now have found that it is in fact for a 2000 California (or as I call it communist) model.

Question is... I only have a vent tube. Which line of the tank do I hook it to. The one marked with blue or the one marked with red? I am going to cap off the other one.

Whatcha got BD ?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #2

Red is the fuel return hose from the vapor separator, which you won't have. Cap it.
Blue is the breather hose for Calif. models. Normally it runs to the charcoal cannister, which you won't have. Run it down below the transmission.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:01 AM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

I had to read this a few time to ascertain the question. Neither does a darn thing on non cal bikes. As CDM said cap the red.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 04-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #4

Ya know... thats what the shop manual said. If you have the fuel pump out like i did on both the line that matches up to my old tank is in fact the red line AND from what can see it appears to run the exact same place... i guess the key there is "from what I can see" and "appears" cause it could end up in a completely different place.

It was a toss up for me so i thought i would put it to the brain trust. I will go with capping the red. The vent tube on the non Cal model is just a hose running straight to the bottom of the bike (ground) I guess if I don't have gas running out I am o.k.

Thanks Guys ! ! ! ! I will let you know if that doesn't work.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:20 PM   #5

Yup. Look at it like that: If you fill the tank and it starts running on the ground? You've capped the wrong one. Just switch them.

Login or Register to Remove Ads