Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 10-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #1

Cobra PowerPro for Voyager

Well, after much deliberation about the PowerPro vs Power Commander, I went with Cobra PowerPro. Main reason - no need for dyno mapping vs changes in intake and/or exhaust set up; cost is comparable when you consider Power Commander + dyno maps will likely run slightly higher than the PowerPro; Plug and play of PowerPro - hook it up (took me less than 30 mins) and away you go, no more adjustments necessary. I have stock set up, minus most aft exhaust baffles on stock exhaust. PowerPro definitely provides some torque and response from throttle vs. stock. Temp wise 9which was one item I was targeting), difficult to see a difference. Might be a tad cooler with PowerPro (was expecting cooler due to Kawy setting of lean mixture from stock), but hard to notice. I really like the difference in response the most. The PowerPro seems to wake up this monster engine vs. stock. Better response, torque and acceleration. Next will be to install the Open K & N intake I bought and see the difference there. Made a tremendous difference in open air on my previous 1600 Classic, so expecting even more from this beast after doing that mod with PowerPro installed. I was bit disappointed with power from the Voyager with stock setup - no controller. Wanted more torque and power from this bigger belt driven setup than I had on my 1600 shaftdrive Vulcan.

Bottom line, if you are considering a PowerPro, it is worth the cost, even for a stock setup. Understood allot on the board like the Power Commander and it does in fact provide a higher more specified range of adjustments for all phases of driving, but for typical cruiser riding without the benefit of local reliable dyno shop, the PowerPro does well.
2010 Voyager - Wrapped pipes; Ivan ECU Flash; Engine Ice; Debaffled stock exhaust; Thunder Intake; Ray's throttle mod on Kuryakan grips; Pax floorboard extensions; cutdown windshield; VStar trunk rack; iPod adapter. Former 2003 1600 Classic. Vulcan guy for life !!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
Top Contributor

I did not notice much difference with the PowrPro on my 2010 Voyager until I installed a bigger intake. Then there was a BIG difference.

Old 10-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #3

Installed the BAK last night. First ride today is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Response like I had on previous bike. This motor is breathing now and pulling like I wanted. The torque increased substantially. The intake noise is obviously there, but it sounds more like a cruiser to me now, then a choking quiet electric motor.
Thanks Chuckster and Cobra!
2010 Voyager - Wrapped pipes; Ivan ECU Flash; Engine Ice; Debaffled stock exhaust; Thunder Intake; Ray's throttle mod on Kuryakan grips; Pax floorboard extensions; cutdown windshield; VStar trunk rack; iPod adapter. Former 2003 1600 Classic. Vulcan guy for life !!