Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #16

yea maybe.right its a honda,but looks not like dad bike

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #17

Local dealer has one available now for demo ride and I happened to be first one on it yesterday. My comparison would be like sitting on bike in showroom with big fan blowing 60mph wind at me (think Progressive commercial). Felt totally disconnected from the motor - was also my first Wing ride ever. Wind noise at 60 with full face helmet was intolerable for 16 miles! Had to run stereo way loud to hear. No floorboards or heel shifter. They are going to trike it.....will be about $30-35k when done? Crazy!

Old 06-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #18

No cruise equals no deal not sure what they were thinking getting rid of it

Old 06-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #19

Saw it, rode it, chose my Vaquero over it. Why?

Its an awesome ride... make no mistake. I took one on a test-ride, and was able to put it through its paces. Even wrung it out up over 100mph & it didn't even blink. Very smooth, TONS of power from start all the way through the power band... at 5th gear. 5th? My Vaq has 6. And its quiet... whisper quiet just like a 'Wing. Cobra is putting out 6-into-6 slip-on's for it... for $1,000 which sound MUCH better... but its yet another grand for an already-expensive bike.

As stated before... no ABS, (not in and of itself an issue... my Vaq doesn't have ABS) and no cruise control, even as an option. EVERY other bagger in the market has cruise control. This is a definite "miss" for Honda in producing a touring bagger.

$19,999 for the basic model, and $20,999 for the deluxe. What does an extra grand get you? A center-stand, passenger back-rest, self-cancelling turn-signals and heated grips. Really?

My Vaquero was over $6k cheaper and a much better bang-for-the-buck bike.

Had Mother-Honda done a few simple tweaks... chrome parts (instead of blacked-out... at least give an option) and exposed the engine more, cruise control, a better price-point... and called it a new Valkyrie, it would be selling like crazy right now. It could be much-better marketed as a new Valk than a hosed-down 'Wing. I'm a long-time member of the VRCC (Valkyrie Riders Cruiser Club) and I can tell you the Valkryie bikers are long overdue for an upgrade.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #20

I thought it looked really sharp in person... much better than in the pictures.

Lack of ABS and Cruise might hurt their sales... who knows. Depends if someone like TC is buying it or not.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #21

I test rode one several weeks ago. I like the looks, and the power. But too much blast of wind, and as much as I like the motor, it makes the peg position a bit awkward for me. That is most likely something that could be adapted to, as there are thousands of happy Wingers out there, but it isn't cheap, comes without items it should, as mentioned, and will still take some money to make it work for me. If it were priced at 16 grand, it would make more sense, but that won't happen.

Yoda
VBA #01311
SCRC Chapter 289
07 Nomad

Old 06-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #22

I saw one at a dealership the other day. Nice but the seat is way too low for me. I really liked new Kawa Voyager though.