Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 09-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #1

Aftermarket louvers yet?

I know we can change the louvers out on our Vaqueros for running lights, but figured by now there would be other options as well. With all my free time () I wanted to get a set of the louvers and install some ultrabright LEDs. I was thinking two rows of white in the upper and lower slots, and two rows of yellow to replace the blinkers. Don't know how it would turn out, and I'm still trying to adjust to the life of a commuter! By the time I get back home, all I want to do is hit the sack! So have you seen any neat ideas?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bear View Post
I know we can change the louvers out on our Vaqueros for running lights, but figured by now there would be other options as well. With all my free time () I wanted to get a set of the louvers and install some ultrabright LEDs. I was thinking two rows of white in the upper and lower slots, and two rows of yellow to replace the blinkers. Don't know how it would turn out, and I'm still trying to adjust to the life of a commuter! By the time I get back home, all I want to do is hit the sack! So have you seen any neat ideas?
Saw some stock louvers, your choice of colors, on e-bay the other day for around $10-- buy it now price.
VBA #02089

Previous Bikes:
75 Yamaha 175
09 Vulcan 900 Classic
11 Vulcan Vaquero
Harleys:
75 Sportster XLCH
84 Sportster 1000
85 FXRT
79 Low Rider

Old 09-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouson View Post
Saw some stock louvers, your choice of colors, on e-bay the other day for around $10-- buy it now price.
I bought a set on eBay a while back for about $40 shipped. I've got some ideas in mind to tinker with.

Otherwise, YES, some LED's in the back work fine and have a different look.

When I originally did them. (all the same shot, just different camera settings trying to get a good picture)

Mine had an AL body with threaded holes, so I screwed them to the honeycomb backing plate.
formerly 2005 Nomad - black/silver

Old 09-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #4

Has anyone seen a kit that would work to integrate the rear blinker lights either into the brake light or set flush into the back of the bags? I want to get rid of the license plat mount and the blinker bar. Any ideas?

Old 09-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by redking View Post
Has anyone seen a kit that would work to integrate the rear blinker lights either into the brake light or set flush into the back of the bags? I want to get rid of the license plat mount and the blinker bar. Any ideas?
Check on e-bay for turn signals/marker lights for semi trucks or trailers they can be fastened to the back of the bags and wired as turn signals.
VBA #02089

Previous Bikes:
75 Yamaha 175
09 Vulcan 900 Classic
11 Vulcan Vaquero
Harleys:
75 Sportster XLCH
84 Sportster 1000
85 FXRT
79 Low Rider

Login or Register to Remove Ads