Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #1

Question New Reckless fairing is in!!

Ok, the new fairing is in and it looks great! It's a little off center, but thats do-able. My new issue is that my driving lights no longer fit. What I need to know is what everyone is using for mounts. I have Princess Auto spot lights with visors as my driving lights and home made brackets, but my brackets extended wouldn't even come close to fitting. Pictures would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Mega-Contributor

Well since your driving lights are a custom design, maybe some pictures of them and how they are mounted might help us come up with some solutions.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 10-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #3

I just got my reckless fairing yesterday and found that my handlebar risers are too long! They came with the bike when I bought it and I think they are Phatrisers. What's the highest Phariser (Or any other riser) I can use? Also, Anyone who uses the Sena SMH10, have you found a fairing stereo that will stream the sound to your headset?

Old 10-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #4

I had to space my driving lights out, as well as exchange my Phatt risers for some HD pull backs to clear my stereo

Old 10-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #5

Voyager, so any of the HD pullbacks will fit the kawasaki? I checked the Phatrisers at scootworks and there is a 4" version which might fit. I went and measured my risers at lunch and they are the 5.5" Phatrisers. Looks the the HD pullbacks are cheaper too. Also, what stereo are you using?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyetube View Post
Voyager, so any of the HD pullbacks will fit the kawasaki? I checked the Phatrisers at scootworks and there is a 4" version which might fit. I went and measured my risers at lunch and they are the 5.5" Phatrisers. Looks the the HD pullbacks are cheaper too. Also, what stereo are you using?
Congrats on the new fairing
The HD 4" pull back risers work on the Reckless, Thats what I had,, To me it looked to cluttered so I sold them.. Going to try the 1700 Bars I got from Jared.. If you go the HD route go to E Bay to grab a set,and a Set of caps.. You willalso need Stud adapters like from Scoot Works,, They are 1/2" ips for the riser side and 10mm for the Nomad side,,, They are about 15$.. On the VROC site a guy had a bunch made up and is selling for likw 5$ a pair

Old 10-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #7

Crying Help

I received my new fairing today after I ordered on Friday of last week (quick). My question is, how do you mount it to the bike? The bolt holes on the fairing do not match up with any part of my windsheild brackets? I searched the box for mounting brackets but came up empty. The box only had the fairing and the windscreen! Am I missing something here? Am I not seeing the connection to the bolt holes and bike? Please advise as to what I may be doing wrong.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #8
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazz View Post
I received my new fairing today after I ordered on Friday of last week (quick). My question is, how do you mount it to the bike? The bolt holes on the fairing do not match up with any part of my windsheild brackets? I searched the box for mounting brackets but came up empty. The box only had the fairing and the windscreen! Am I missing something here? Am I not seeing the connection to the bolt holes and bike? Please advise as to what I may be doing wrong.
Assuming you have a 1600 Nomad with the stock windshield, you remove the windshield assembly (2 bolts each side), leaving the windshield mounting bracket on the bike. The mounting brackets have a rounded end, which is what the fairing mounts to. The other end has two holes which should match up to the windshield mounting holes on the windshield bracket.

If you didn't receive the brackets, then you have a problem. Call Reckless and speak to Alex and explain your situation.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 10-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #9

Quote:
inside the box I got there was a ups envelope that had the brackets in it. Hopefully you didn't throw that away. Mine was taped to the top of the fairing when I opened the box and I could have missed it had I not felt the weight when I picked it up.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #10

Help

Well, I searched the box and did not find anything other than the fairing and the windscreen.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
Assuming you have a 1600 Nomad with the stock windshield, you remove the windshield assembly (2 bolts each side), leaving the windshield mounting bracket on the bike. The mounting brackets have a rounded end, which is what the fairing mounts to. The other end has two holes which should match up to the windshield mounting holes on the windshield bracket.

If you didn't receive the brackets, then you have a problem. Call Reckless and speak to Alex and explain your situation.
Okay, I have been away foir a short while. Why does your avatar show a HD emblem instead of you leaning on Nomad??????

Old 10-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Okay, I have been away foir a short while. Why does your avatar show a HD emblem instead of you leaning on Nomad??????
CJ now has a HD :)
Did you find the brackets? on the 1500 there should be 2 S/S plates..on the 1600 there is 4 I believe. 2 are spackers 2 are mounting.. if no metal plates in the box call Alex...
How are you and Cheri Ann doing? Hope all is well :)

Old 10-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #13
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
A short while? I crashed my Nomad in March and bought a Harley on April 1.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Old 10-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #14

help

No, I did not find the brackets unfortunately.

Damn, sorry to hear that you ditched the Nomad. Even sorrier that you picked up an HD, that must really suck. LOL

Sorry, had to crack the HD Joke.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #15
Top Contributor

Quote:
No, I did not find the brackets unfortunately.

Damn, sorry to hear that you ditched the Nomad. Even sorrier that you picked up an HD, that must really suck. LOL

Sorry, had to crack the HD Joke.
Spazz....don't be sorry...he's a big boy....;)!
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016