Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 11-06-2010, 08:22 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to wompus
You won't believe this...

But then again, it's about as normal as it can get with these people....

http://www.jimbyrd.com/welfare-aint-what-it-used-to-be

Mike "WOMPUS' Nieznany
1999 Nomad "Fronkensteen"
Viet Nam Vet 68-69-70
KawaNOW #00577
I'm sarcastic and have a smart ass attitude. It's a natural defense against DRAMA, BULLSHIT & STUPIDITY!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider

That is the way these people have lived and will continue to live. Our government can't give away enough. These things just burn me.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 11-06-2010, 08:54 AM   #3

this is why america is broke ,thats my story and i,am sticking to it.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
Sr. Contributor

We have been reading about this situation forever. And whenever we ask that they put a stop to it, they go after the wrong people. Now, in this woman's case I say put her out on the curb with any thing she may have earned by herself. Lots of people have made this country what it is, by working and contributing for 35-45 years, so that they can get some of it back before they die. Most I would say probably get 10 years back. This woman has received 57 years worth and worked less than 1 year. This is terrible, and that woman should be ashamed, as for anyone helping her they should go to jail.

p.s. just saying...
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 11-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
Advanced Member

I really hope nobody believed this was her place, looking at the entire article, it is posted under satire. Here is their most recent posting under the same category: http://www.jimbyrd.com/constitutiona...nuum#more-5188.

Another below from a couple years ago is pretty funny but is as good of an explanation of our tax system as I have seen ( I love the last line in it!):

Our Tax System Explained:

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay $1.
The sixth would pay $3.
The seventh would pay $7.
The eighth would pay $12.
The ninth would pay $18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that’s what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. “Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your
daily beer by $20.” Drinks for the ten now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free.

But what about the other six men – the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his ‘fair share?’

They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they
subtracted that from everybody’s share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it
would be fair to reduce each man’s bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so:
The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33% savings).
The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28% savings).
The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.

“I only got a dollar out of the $20, “declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man,” but he got $10!”

“Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar, too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more than I got”

“That’s true!!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!”

“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison. “We didn’t get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!”

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn’t have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, ladies and gentlemen, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
Sr. Contributor

Your confusing me, what does the first subject have to do with the second and the third. Is there something obvious that I'm not seeing?

Old 11-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack C.
I really hope nobody believed this was her place
But it has to be true, we read it on the Internet!

Old 11-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #8
Advanced Member

Lets see; the link, to show it wsa satirical, the second, well, thought it was intreesting from the same site! To quote Rube Goldberg: "It just happened that the public happened to, uh, appreciate the satirical quality of these crazy things."

Old 11-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #9
Sr. Contributor

Wompas, Is that story true or is it just for laughs?

JackC, Is that story true about the taxes? Or is that a sounds right joke?

JackC, Is that story true about the first admend.? Or is that just for laughs?

Help, I'm going over the edgeeee.........

Old 11-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #10

We have been "feeding" the welfare-system for years with little effect in curbing poverty... which was the original purpose of welfare.

It doesn't work... something that no one can argue with -- otherwise there would not be any "poverty" left. It has been around for decades. If it were going to work, it would have done so by now. ;)

Entitlement programs do nothing more than entice people to figure-out ways to get something for nothing... there just simply is no other result, and the facts prove it to be true.

Wisconsin was the first state to virtually shut-down its welfare programs decades ago. There were those crying-out that doing so would send people to the streets. Children would die by the hundreds, and so on. These things, of course, didn't happen. Those previously on welfare miraculously found work!! Geez...

Wisconsin under democratic-party control for many years has since reversed its policy of welfare and have "pumped-up" the program to nearly previous levels... and now they have a whole new "welfare generation" that makes it a point (their job) to remain eligible for the benefits.

In the "poorest" Milwaukee schools they have daycare for the high-school students that have children. WTF???!!!! Geez... I guess having a baby in high-school in Milwaukee isn't all that bad!!! LOL!

Just saying... this BS has simply got to stop all across this country.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 11-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #11
Sr. Contributor

That link is a joke. A really good joke, and in part true. Obama has un-done every single thing Martin Luther King ever did, and in just 2 years.

It's no joke that if you disagree with the agenda you are called a racist. Me, I'm fine with being called racist if i disagree on a policy, and the best they can do is call me a racist.

That link was pretty funny, but sadly partly true.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 11-08-2010, 09:36 AM   #12
Sr. Contributor

Well I guess the joke is on me. At least when I turn on Comedy Central, I know its supposed to be funny.