Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthCentral Group

Old 05-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #16

where did everybody go ?

everybody go ?
« Reply #8 on Apr 25, 2010, 10:22am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That 800 looks an awful lot like Brillo's.
Yes, that was Brillo's wifes bike. She decided she wanted a Goldwing instead. I bought it from him and made many changes to it. Enough to make me want to junk out the Nomad and make my own bike. Swess, in Rock Island, beat me to it, but I think I have a better head start then he has and am ready to go for it. Problem is if I do, will I still belong here, which don't really mean a whole lot to me, but I do know a few Nomad riders that I want to ride with, along with the HD riders that I have always rode with. I wanted to do this with a 1700, but seeing what I'd end up with, it just isn't worth it. I have a month and a half to do this before the rally, but at 67 don't know if I want to or just quit riding after 55 years of doing my own thing. NO, Not like that! I need a bike that I can ride without it flopping over. I can't pick it up anymore!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #17
Sr. Contributor

where did everybody go ?

I had an 800 before I got the nomad and I can't believe the difference between the two. The Nomad is a better all around bike, but it is heavier, a lot heavier and that cuts both ways. better in the wind and on the highway, but not so good if you have to lift it up after a spill. I will say my 800 with debaffled pipes and coyote air kit was faster than the Nomad, but the torque difference with the Nomad makes up for it in some ways: I always had to downshift the 800. Anyway, good luck with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01nomad
everybody go ?
« Reply #8 on Apr 25, 2010, 10:22am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That 800 looks an awful lot like Brillo's.
Yes, that was Brillo's wifes bike. She decided she wanted a Goldwing instead. I bought it from him and made many changes to it. Enough to make me want to junk out the Nomad and make my own bike. Swess, in Rock Island, beat me to it, but I think I have a better head start then he has and am ready to go for it. Problem is if I do, will I still belong here, which don't really mean a whole lot to me, but I do know a few Nomad riders that I want to ride with, along with the HD riders that I have always rode with. I wanted to do this with a 1700, but seeing what I'd end up with, it just isn't worth it. I have a month and a half to do this before the rally, but at 67 don't know if I want to or just quit riding after 55 years of doing my own thing. NO, Not like that! I need a bike that I can ride without it flopping over. I can't pick it up anymore!
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11