Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 04-14-2010, 11:35 PM   #16
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
BD's Bafflectomy - Just Completed

without be obnoxious like Cobra True duals..!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #17

Actually the phnomenom of how debaffled vs the V&H duals sound is like this (and again this is my experience and my opinion)

The V&H duals sound great if you are listening to them on somebody elses bike (unless they have the baffles out which then they are as obnoxious as any straight spip exhaust). They are loud but not too loud. However if they are on the bike you are riding they are very loud and the longer you ride the louder and more anoying they get to the extent that after a day of high way cruising my ears physically hurt! If V&H could fix how loud these pipes are for the driver, I'd have another set cause I like the way they sound but.... for now they are too loud when you are cruising.

The debaffle stockers sound good when you are listening to someone else bike and especially when you are listening to them ride away. Very mellow, understated yet a nice Vtwin rumble. And they sound good when they are on your bike. Again, just there in the background, mellow, understated yet a nice Vtwin rumble with out overiding any of the other things you either need or want to hear when you are riding. So they are a nice compromise. You are not going to scare or anoy anyone with them but you will get the occassion smile or thumbs up.
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Old 04-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #18
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

CJ has the Cobra True Duals (I was busting his chops!) and hasn't complained about the noise and he takes long 300+ miles ride. He could be deaf by now??!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 04-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #19

I agree with the sound being just about right. I have 2 into 1 Thunderheaders on my Harley and when I get on it I can't hear for awhile.
Wanted the Nomad to be a little more agreeable. I do notice more back pop on deceleration but will get that handled when I put on Coasters and a FI Mod, no noticeable ping.
VBA Member #1356
jandreu@hawaiiantel.net

Old 04-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #20

The debaffle was just right for me. I can hear my radio at 80 or so and it doesn't make
my ears ring after a day of riding. But most of all, I like the little rumbling growl when getting off the throttle in the curves. That will make me smile.
Thanks for your time.

Login or Register to Remove Ads