Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > National Rally 2009 - Custer, SD

Old 07-16-2009, 01:33 AM   #151

Where is the next national rally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronghorn
Ride Kansas and Nebraska 11 curves in 318 miles
There has to be a T-Shirt in that.

Charlie "Ballast" Krogh
2005 1600 Nomad "Tangerine Dream"
VBA #999
VROC #29355

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman
Quote:
Originally Posted by OP
#10. Whenever you are forced to ride through areas that have only flat straight roads that create riding conditions so boring that they become dangerous to your mental well being.

Ooops that means that I would be trailering almost everywhere.
Sorry OP, straight and flat just means FAST so it is no longer boring. ::)
Now that I have my intake mod done you're right it is FAST.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:30 AM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ells
If you look at the membership centroid
I got a new seat so I don't have to worry about my centroids anymore. I'm for anyplace that will get me into some new states.
Love your humor Ballast, can't wait to have a beer or three wit cha!! By the way, those are great lookin matching Mads you and your wife have there!! Who's is faster??

Old 10-22-2009, 03:46 AM   #154

I did Pigeon Forge/Gattlinburg, Rocky Mountain area this year. Let me just say there would not be one person unhappy with that area!! It provided, undoubtedly, the most scenic sights I've ever seen!! I might suggest anyone staying in a motel/hotel to think about Gattlinburg instead of Pigeon Forge, since the latter is DRY!! We only found two places in the whole burg to quest our thirst, one in a restaraunt, and the other a crazy "hole in da wall". As for you "Straight and Fast" guys, ya might wanna unweld your handlebars!! I'll have to check my "T" shirt, but the "Dragon" has like 350 tight curves in 11 miles!! Deals Gap has a "Bikers' Inn" I think too, prolly expensive I bet though. Just the ride from Pigeon Forge to the Dragon was amazing!! There was a lake along the way that looked like it was from prehistoric times!! I hope Trip decides on Deals' Gap, cause I've been lookin for an excuse to go back, and it's only been a few months since I went!! I rode down from Ohio before buying this Nomad on my lil Honda 1100, and keeping up with traffic going 80 was a bit tough. This Nomad was BUILT for that ride!! I'll start massaging the idear into wifeys cranium later today!! Hope to see ya'll...jim