Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthCentral Group

Old 12-04-2008, 09:21 AM   #16

North Central Prairie Thunder Nomads Shirts

Has there been any new information on these? I know the National Rally shirts are available but have not heard anything about regional shirts.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson
I will direct you and anyone else interested in KawaNOW shirts to go to the main-page to the National Rally forum page.

There you will see a listing of the shirts sizes/styles for the KawaNOW rally.

Scroll down to find Valdez's post. Click on his name so you can send him a "personal message". You can ask him about getting a North Central Region Prairie Thunder logo shirt.

Valdez told me he should be getting our region's logo soon if he hadn't already and will do the shirts.

Hope this helps; if not or if you have more questions please send me a PM and I'll help out.

Greg
Ck what I posted previously on this thread. Valdez is the vendor for these shirts. I speaking directly with him; he said to just send him a PM about what you are looking for and he will be able to provide it.

Greg

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 12-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #18

Thanks for the welcome, I didn't check this thread again. You are right about the cold. My wife is from Kansas City and swears at me this time of year...every year. I'd like to move somewhere warmer but to try to find a job now....

Thanks again.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #19

Hey Jerry, I lived in Fargo for awhile. Who is the Kawi dealer up there? Is it Ma's? Are they still open?
I worked for Fargo HD when I lived up there. That is a year of my life I'll never get back. Learned ALOT about the politics that goes along with HD motorcycles. Makes me love my Nomad even more.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:40 PM   #20

Hi, OP,

Ma's is still open and selling Triumph's. Wheel's Incorporated is the Kawasaki dealer here. They have been good with me and they sell a lot of bikes as there are a lot of Vulcan's around and way too many Kawasaki crotch rockets. They also do 4 wheelers and snowmobiles also.

I bought a trailer from U Motors which are University Motors only much larger than they were. They built a big building along the interstate and sell Yamaha's and Honda's. I would have bought a Goldwing one Saturday morning but no one would wait on me. Had my wife there and we were crawling all over the Goldwing trikes and regulars but they were too busy triple teaming a kid looking at an ATV. I even had my Goldwing riding uniform on, shorts and sandals...

We then went to the Kawasaki dealer and we were met at the door, we were questioned very thoroughly and all of a sudden there was this Nomad sitting there and it was love at first sight. I may get a Honda trike someday unless one can create a trike from a Kawasaki like a Lehman...

I didn't even go look at a Harley and I can't tell you a reason why but I've never had a serious interest in them but I feel the Nomad is as good of a quality bike as the Harley and I don't like to be spit on or looked down on. Most Harley owners are nice people but I don't like any group of people who don't acknowledge that other type of bikes exist. Crotch rockets are excluded of course.

I worked for a couple of companies that had office in Sioux Falls and I've always felt that if you tipped either Fargo or Sioux Falls upside down they look a lot like the other.

Jerry

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-15-2008, 09:15 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Stearns

I didn't even go look at a Harley and I can't tell you a reason why but I've never had a serious interest in them but I feel the Nomad is as good of a quality bike as the Harley and I don't like to be spit on or looked down on. Most Harley owners are nice people but I don't like any group of people who don't acknowledge that other type of bikes exist. Crotch rockets are excluded of course.
Well I can tell you that you made the right choice there. First you would have been treated to an ass kissing session unlike any you have ever had. That is until they found out that you are not one of those people that has only owned HD from birth. Then it all changes. And especially if you had let it slip that you had been comparing to metric bikes.

I was a HD fanatic until I worked there. I was exposed to some biased motorcycle politics that really soured me to the whole thing. I love their motorcycles, but that's where it ends.

Oh and on the trike thing. I would have to look to find the name but there is a company here in eastern SD that used to do trike kits like that. Not sure if they are still around but they did very nice work.