Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > 2018 CanadaEast/Northeast U.S. Rally

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2018, 12:04 PM   #11

Quote:
.....that it will be open some time in June ( 15th? ) we will keep a look out.
Not gonna happen, local news says end August. Problems with the cement ramps being undermined by the strong current worse than what they thought. Having problems with the sheet piles bending from the ice clampers forced against them.
The current in that bay is unreal. When I worked in the welding shop here at DOT we used to do service calls and refits on the old ferry, Angus Mackaskill and it was a dreadful place in the winter. It'd be nothing when they had the ferry hauled up for winter you could work all around it one day, next the damn bergs would be pushed hard up against the side of her. Add that to a 50-70KPH wind...awesome LOL.
Quote:
It is so short a ferry ride, if one had a dirt bike and they left the ramp up one could jump the distance ala evil knievel!
LOL yup. It's been tossed around for decades about a bridge but the approaches would be so short it's be almost vertical. Add that to the fact the burial site of Mackaskill is right where the approach would be....dunno.
Quote:
Are you going to look us up when we get to Nova Scotia
Not sure yet, taking the riding easy for awhile, dislocated my hip last Thursday and today is the first day back on my ride. So far so good....knock on wood :-)...........Mike

**EDIT***

Never thought to mention.... you might all disown me anyway. I'm looking at a landbarge :-) an '08 Victory Vision Tour Premium. Not that I don't like the Voyager which I do but...saying that...the VV is lower which with a screwed up hip is a lot easier to mount. Friend of mine just bought one and...it's quite a rig.
Not sure yet about the look of it, still prefer the Voyager but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me, and no, not like a wart neither :-).

Last edited by MrMikey; 05-31-2018 at 12:10 PM.