Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2018, 04:21 PM   #1

Will a Voyager run with the big hogs?

Another local dealer had a non-ABS Voyager, so I thought I'd try it out to compare with the ABS one I rode a few weeks back. This real short test ride was led by a sales guy on a Harley bagger (I'm not an H-D expert so am unsure of model and year). There were a few occasions where under hard acceleration it seemed the Voyager struggled to keep pace with the Harley, though perhaps that could be attributed to my not being familiar enough with a Voyager to get the most out of it.

Assuming many if not most of you ride with folks on H-Ds and others in the 900 lb. bagger/touring segment, do you find it's capable of keeping up? I've seen comments about Ivanizing that suggest "yes" when that's done, but was also wondering about Voyagers in stock form. I'm pretty certain this was a non-Ivanized bike since it seemed kinda rough and pokey at low rpm.

By the way, riding the non-ABS model confirmed I want the ABS model. Braking on the ABS model just seemed much more settled with less reliance on engine braking for me at least.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Toku57; 03-26-2018 at 04:24 PM.