Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2018, 10:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonVoyager View Post
My garage driveway is up hill from the regular driveway. I back my Voyager out and turn perpendicular to the driveway either right or left, doesn’t seem to matter and then turn the wheel and point it down the driveway and go, really isn’t hard at all. I will admit, it was a little nerve wracking at first because this bike is 365lbs heavier than my Volusia.

One other note, these bikes are a bear to reverse on anything that isn’t remotely level, so make sure you think ahead when parking. You don’t want to be in a situation where you need to back it up hill.

Also, I take my calves and lock them against the passenger floorboards and lever my legs from there to get some extra pull when backing the bike up.
Good tip. It’ll no doubt be an interesting adjustment. I’m also curious to see how it will feel holding it on my work parking garage exit incline. About 1 day in 5 I have to wait on the incline behind cars for a few minutes while waiting for the light and it’s about a 15% grade.