Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2017, 04:12 PM   #1

Ivans upgrade & more

IVANS reflash is well worth the money -- i had the upgrade done over 1000 mi ago -- my main concern was the throttle was very sensative and not easy to manage at low speeds turning and in traffic -- the upgrade seems to have cured that -- i took my throttle mod off right after the first flash was done but was still to sensative but now it is not thanks to IVAN

on the last trip out of state i got 45 mpg on first 2 tanks -- that is better than before the upgrade and on back roads at 60 - 70 mph with a few stops and some slow traffic -- i cant complain about that
got in a place where only gas was 87 and needed some so i got a gallon -- it was hot and i did not have any pinging at moderate speed/load but did not push it -- next fill up got 89 and had no problem but no w o t to test it then back to 93

i have commented on this before but on the subject of engine heat the secret to cooler running on NOMADS is to put some engine guard chaps on -- i use the AIR LITE made in canada -- they force more air through the radiator and the engine will run cooler -- u will notice the fan does not run near as often and u still get plenty of air on u r legs only it will be cooler --

not long ago i changed oil but wasnt sure about the shell products so went to castrol diesel -- not good -- rough shifting -- so before the trip i changed to mobil 1 bike oil -- first time for the nomad -- it shifts better than ever before so that was a nice surprise

it looks to me that 1700 owners have different issues but for anyone that hasnt had IVANS reflash dont wait any longer and if u qualify get the upgrade -- it only costs the shipping charge -- the flash will make it run like it should have to start with--maybe this info will help someone

Login or Register to Remove Ads