Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2017, 01:14 PM   #1

Is my turn singal indicator possessed?

Intermittently, but more often than not, I find that my turn signal indicator is (already) flashing as soon as I turn the key to the ON position.
I 99% sure that at least one side of the bike's turns are in fact flashing along with the indicator, but haven't yet kept close enough track of that. Also not yet sure if the side that the flashing lamps are on correspond directly with the last turn I made before shutting down the bike.
I am to understand that the self-cancelling feature of the turns is both time & distance related. My issue seems to appear most often after I've popped in to the gas station or grocery store or such - that is to say, a real short turn off the main road before shutting down the bike.
Even when I've made a conscious effort to manually cancel the turns before I shut the bike down in those situations, they might still begin flashing at the next start.
If I'm somehow fighting the self-cancelling feature, I would think that the act of shutting off the bike would 'reset' or 'cancel' the clock on that.
It's obviously not hurting anything, it's just annoying. Other than this, the turns signal system functions properly in all cases. I did install the non-relay version of 4-way flashers, as seen on Gadget's, but with my manual toggle switch, there's no way voltage is getting into the turn signal circuit on startup.
Does this sound normal, or do I have a gremlin?
Grand Junction, CO
VBA Member #: 03362

Login or Register to Remove Ads