Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2017, 10:22 PM   #1

2016 Vaquero :) in Foxville Md

Greets everyone..

My first bike was a 1982 Kawasaki 750 LTD .. bought it as a basket-case Spent some bucks rebuilding the front end, ect..
Put over 40k miles on it over a period of a few years.. at one point it was my only transportation and I drove it in snow, and everything else.. Bike was most awesome..

2nd bike purchase back in 2005 was a Honda VTX1300 .. that was my baby, I spent a ton on her modifying everything about the bike to make it comfy on the long rides, as well as make it look and sound baddass..

This bike, the Kawasaki Vaquero is my newest purchase..
I wait until riding season is about done.. then I shop.. :)

I Have not done anything to the bike as of yet.. I have always wanted a bagger.. I was looking at a Harley-Davidson Road Glide Custom..

The HD dealer I went to "Gettysburg HD" just never got back to me on questions and just assumed I was going to buy the bike on their terms, no questions answered..
The HD was 22k and was simply beautiful..
I went to a local Indian/Kawasaki dealer and was checking out all the bikes and they had this beautiful Bagger sitting on the showroom floor.. 16,399 and I have always wanted a white bike.. all my other bikes were black..

I sat on it and it fit my 36" legs perty good.. Dug the dash layout..

The sales staff was attentive, then found out I knew the parts dude from Facebook..

Anyway,

I really dug the bike, but was a bit apprehensive on the 16.3 sticker.. then the sales dude comes over and tells me he will take 3k off the price, sell the floor model to me for 12,900

so here I am... :)

LOVE the bike..
Seriously.. this bike HUGS the road in the rain.. sticks to the ground like it was nailed to it..
Only have 1000 miles on it, and now it is sitting in the garage for the winter.. But I am jonesing everyday to get it out for a ride..

I live in the mountains.. So right out of my driveway is a mountain road.. Its perfect..

This bike is af'ing amazing.. Thats all I have to say..

Only a few things I want to do to it..

Custom 2.5 foot sissybar.. Seat, forward pegs and driving lights in the cowl where they belong..

Other than that.. I'm good.. :)

--Cheers..

Ken

Login or Register to Remove Ads