Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2015, 02:07 PM   #1

Pissed Crispy Critters fuse block!!!

Went for a short ride last night, everything was working when I left and when I got to where I was headed. (4 miles) Started the bike about 3 hours later and no panel lights, tail lights or light bar. Figured the fuse blew but when I checked the junction box it was fried!!! The 10 amp tail lamp fuse was completely melted and the 10 amp beside and above had started to melt, possibly from the heat of the tail lamp fuse.

It seems obvious that the fuse didn't blow when it should have and was hot enough to melt everything around it....was it just a bad fuse???

Over the winter I had changed my light bar bulbs to H1 55 watt Halogen but I've ridden 300-400 miles since that without a problem. Is it possible that this was the cause? Or was it just the fuse? Still something caused it to incinerate!

BTW, I do NOT have a relay on my driving lights, been that way for 2 years but I did increase the wattage of the bulbs from stock 35 watt to 55 watt Halogen.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

See attached pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deck and bike fuse 064.jpg (93.5 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg deck and bike fuse 062.jpg (95.5 KB, 39 views)

VBA# 02595
2004 Nomad VN1500L5 FI
1999 HD Superglide Sport (SOLD)
2009 BMW F650GS

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by toogun; 05-27-2015 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Added text