Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2015, 07:23 PM   #1

500 miles on the new Vaquero, goods and bads

Ok I'm only 500 miles in and here's my take so far. First off the bike is getting stronger every day. Seems to be shifting smoother and the engine is idling better. The power is coming on stronger and pulls harder at lower speeds so now I'm not downshifting as much. With only 500 miles on it I'm still reluctant to pull above 3 grand to see what it will really do. Now for some down sides that maybe someone has some answers for,... first anything that goes in the fairing storage compartments is a rattling nightmare making them almost useless. I have changed out the stock wind deflector for a Kawasaki 16 inch shield and that thing has some horrible squeaking noises coming out of it at the corners? This is the same setup as the Voyager so do they squeak?? If I just put my hand on the top of the shield at speed the noise is gone, I have tried tightening the screws and even tonight I tried putting the rubber between the shield and the body instead of the shield and the chrome strip, haven't got to ride this way yet to see it that helps. I got the Racnray throttle mod with new Avon grips and that was money well spent.

Login or Register to Remove Ads