Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #1

Question Evap System Ca. Model

Can anyone tell me if 16126 (Valve, Air Switching)and all relating parts can be removed if I remove my Evaporative system from my bike.
Or tell me what the purpose of this system is on a non Ca model.
If 92192B and 92192C are removed, can the tubes on the heads be plugged without any ill affects?
I am looking at removing my evap system and after digging into the diagrams, I found this. Now I am not quite sure how far I can go with it.
Here is a pic to help explain what I am speaking about.
Thank you for your help.

Update: So after studying the diagrams, I am leaning toward this thought.....The evap system runs to the air switching valve which is pulling a vacuum from the air filter. If a non Ca. model is just pulling fresh air in to the switching valve, then into the heads, could we not plug this system and in turn stop more air intake causing a lean condition?
Just bouncing ideas around here because I can find no documentation on this except how to check functionality of the valve.

Update: Again: Sorry for the confusion here, but I think I really got it this time. This is the system that we are plugging already from the intake on the right side Dog Bowl, to help stop decel popping. In doing this, now I wonder if it inhibits the Evap. system on the Ca. models from functioning properly.

2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700 ABS - Metallic Graystone / Metallic Spark Black
VBA #02229

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by 1oldtimer; 10-28-2013 at 06:18 AM.