Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2013, 03:46 AM   #1

Hello!@

Hi.
My name is Mike and I am a Nomadaholic, perhaps better to say a Vulcanholic.

Actually, I just love the pretty much the entire Vulcan line.
Own a few BUBF's all 1500, 95,97,99 and a 2003 Mean Streak 1600.

I recently acquired a 2004 Nomad for the amazingly low price of $550, which had a spun main. Tried fooling myself into believing that I could pay to have that case fixed as a backup, but learned the hard way that no one wants to waste time on them.

It will be on the road by next Thursday with a newer 12k mile Motor I picked up for $1000 with injectors, throttle body and starter.

I am feeling pretty good about the whole thing, but a bit depressed that I will be lucky to get 2 more months at best riding it before the snow falls here in Iowa.

I am one of those that ride any chance I can, no matter how cold though. Funny really thinking about last year, between snow falls and snow melts how many times I was out riding just for sheer joy and watching my old lady shake her head wondering if I had lost my mind. ( She really just does not understand big dumbs Swedes such as myself)

If anyone is in the Des Moines area, and likes to go out cruising the loop to suck face with strange women, send a PM and lets go. ( joke )

But I actually do like to go out on long rides and having a partner or 2 can be fun, so PM me if you want to ride.

I have a lot second hand info that sometimes is useful to help others, but at this point in life, due to time limitations, when I need something done to my bikes, or vehicles, I pay someone else to fix them, though I am very adamant about finding the best prices and getting what I paid for. It is what it is. Sue me!

Anyways.. Hi.

Mike

Login or Register to Remove Ads