Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Close, Close Call

So here I am....riding to work this morning like any other normal day.....cruising down Hwy 99 at 50 mph (two lanes each way). Im in the left lane, there is a car directly in front of me but ahead quite a bit....and a car in the right lane a little ahead...but going slower than me. Casual riding, no real traffic....almost on autopilot.....almost but not quite thank God.

As I start to overtake the car on the right, this young punk Latino suddenly guns it and makes a violent lane change right into me. I had curbing on my left so all I could do was slam on my brakes (@ 50mph)....and pray. He continued into my lane and his rear bumper missed my front wheel by mere inches...all with me standing on both front and rear brakes..... Im sure once he was in front of me he saw the three lights on my fairing blaring into his rearview mirror. He then tried to move back into the right lane, pass the car in front of me and cut back over to the left to put some space between us....but no such luck for him...

Once he got back in the right lane, the light ahead turned red and he could not get back over. The cars in front of him stopped and he was trapped....his ass was mine! I pulled right along-side his driver window as close as I could only to see him slouched low, hiding under his hoodie....trying to ignore me. I was so pissed I pounded my fist on his window several times. That got his attention and when he turned he was looking right at my middle finger...and listening to me scream at him like an irate sailor.....

To my disbelief, the little puke rolled down his window and acted like..."who, me?". I read him some more of the riot act until the light turned green and we rolled away. He had the gall to flip me the bird back as he turned off the highway. For a second I thought he might pull a piece on me when I was railing on him....but I didn't care....I was livid. I'm sure the folks in the other cars....especially if they saw the incident...got their money's worth, cause I think I used every cuss word in my expansive catalog during my tirade..... Shit happens fast out there fellas....always be playing defense. In this case, the offense got on the field too. That don't always happen...but I have to admit...it felt pretty good...! I think what really frosted me most was he never even looked....he just came hard like he hadn't a care in the world. Be careful out there boys and girls...nobody is looking for us.
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Netnorske; 06-14-2013 at 08:55 AM.