Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #1

A few cheap (but cool) add-ons - CHEAP-O THREAD!

Thought I'd start a cheap-o thread. I love add-ons, but the price of some of this stuff can be a little hard on the wallet, so I thought I'd share some of my recently added goodies with you.

1) Bag-in-a-Bag - Saddlebag shelf alternative. I took a bank bag and added grommets to the back of it and bolted it inside the saddlebag for small items like glasses and gloves, etc (mounting bolts are 7-1/2" apart) - Less than $10.00. That way you don't really lose any height inside the bag.

2) Fanny-Pack windshield bag - Again, the grommet kit comes in very handy. Four of them added to the back of this Fanny-pack, and cut off the straps and there is a nice multi-pocket windshield bag for about $8.00.

3) My long-time favorite - the Cheapskin seat pad - A carpeted toilet-lid cover, with padding and no-slip shelf liner added to it. A strap attached to the underside of the seat makes for easy on and off. VERY COMFY - Less than $10.00.

4) Windshield border - I use split rubber tubing (3/16" ID) and wrap the edge of the windshield and lowers. Protects the edge from chipping and looks pretty cool. About 60 cents a foot. It holds itself on for the most part. I did drill very small holes at the ends and attached a zip tie to keep them in place. (To easily split the tubing, get a piece of wood and drill a hole near the end just big enough for the tubing to fit through. Tap an Exacto blade a little less than halfway down into the hole. Pull the tubing through and Voila', split tubing.)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by BigRat; 12-07-2012 at 04:34 PM.