Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #1

Additional storage for the Nomad

He guys, in a slight conundrum here. I have no issues with fitting most of my stuff in the saddle bags, but I like to keep stuff like my cell phone, house keys, and occasionally wallet out of my pockets, but dont want them in the saddle bags. Also be able to keep a tire pressure gauge without digging through a full saddle bag.

With my other bike I use a tank bag on a gas cap mount, or a strap mount tank bag. Neither of which are really options on the 1700.

So I was checking out things like windshield bags, tank bibs with pockets, handle bar mounts for stuff, etc.

Another member linked this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-C...item2a1ee72c16

Which should work well, especially for a GPS or cell phone. Still want something else, though.

I have never added luggage like this to a cruiser, so I dont know if I need to get the Kawasaki windshield bag for $80, (seems a bit small), or if something from another brand will fit.

Am I overthinking this, and I should just go order one and mount it? Deal with the saddle bags?

Thanks!

Login or Register to Remove Ads