Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #13
Sr. Contributor

Yes Tomm and I are on the problem, and since this is my first time to read I see the cam guide rail might well be broken in TWO. Do not run this engine again!!!!!!!!!

Tomm if you can find the busted off end with just a light if no other way is possible thru the plug well or the tensioner hole say so. I have no idea when I will be on line again , but you can call.

Also drain the cooling system if you want.... rad drain is easy, the lowest bolt on the water pump too. If you don't feel like 'I / We' will.

I will not be running that engine when I get there to just hear it anyway. This will take more than 16 hours probably. That means since Gwyn and I will be there to get some hot dogs and beans,,,,,,,, don't for get I like La Batts either!

My best guess with out looking is the chain did jump, and now the guide rail is busted as well. Don't worry.... I can get this fixed, but I don't know how long in time it will take. Looks like I may have to come and go more than one trip, mainly to discover everything, then come back once the parts come in. Call any time...

sent a pm too...

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it