Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #1

Smoked by a Sportster

While I was taking pictures at the Morgan City Seawall, a guy pulled up on a HD Sportster. I could tell by the different lope of the idle that it wasn't stock. I was leaving to mount up just before he came down from the seawall. As I was heading home through Morgan City, I could see him coming up in my mirror. He caught up to me at a traffic light. We chatted a little about the river height and we left the light. I let him take the lead and we moved into the staggered formation. When we left the city limits and moved on to the open highway, I knew he was going to show me what his bike could do. We both gunned the throttles at the same time. All I saw was puffs of black smoke leave his shortshots and that was all she wrote. :-[ I moved up to 112 mph (indicated) very quickly and he was steadily walking..I meant to say running away from me. I backed off and he was already out of sight. Kind of brought back memories of my younger days in the muscle cars. Only the second time my Nomad clock has been past 90 in over 3 yrs. The mods that were done to that HD were spot on.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Login or Register to Remove Ads