Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
Advanced Member

new guy in town

I'm in the process of buying a 2000 Nomad. I'm trading in my 2000 Honda Valkyrie for it. If I could keep the Valk I would; nothing matches the power and smoothness. However, having previously owned a '99 Suzuki Intruder LC1500 I sorely missed the look, sound and feel of a big bore v-twin. I had test ridden a '99 Vulcan 1500 before, so I knew the Nomad was a good bike. Anyway, I had set out to visit a few dealerships to spend the day looking at bikes because I was bummed out having my Valk in storage for the winter. After two stops I made my way down to Manchester, NH to Motorcycles of Manchester (MOMs). Right inside the front door sitting out in the aisle was this gorgeous black and chrome cruiser with hard bags and a clear windshield. I just couldn't take my eyes off it. The more I looked the more I wanted it. I felt dizzy and disoriented and finally had to go off and look at other bikes in the huge dealership. Nothing even compared. I went back to the bike and looked at it some more. Finally, I asked the salesman if I could hear it run. He maneuvered it out throught the door into the parking lot and started it up. It had Vance and Hines pipes and that did it for me. I made up my mind that one way or another I was going to get it. I filled out some forms and gave them my debit card and walked out the door $100 poorer, but oh so happy. I snapped some pix with my cellphone and have included one below. I only have to work out some financing and then I can bring it home, but that may not be until the spring. What a bummer. In the meantime I am trying to find out as much as I can about the world of Kawasaki Vulcan Nomads; and here I am.

Login or Register to Remove Ads