Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #11

Dropped the Nomad

Dropped mine a couple of times. First time was about 2 weeks after I got it home. Dropped it getting it out of the garage, crash bars are wonderful. Was so embarrassed and did not want any of the neighbors to see me, so I really horsed it back up.

2nd time I got it out of the garage and noticed I had my riding pegs folded up. So first I kicked the right one down, then picked up my left foot and kicked the left peg down. Only problem was I forgot to put the kick stand down first.

The bike launched me into the shrubs about 5 feet away, I never touched the ground. Picked the bike up, more carefully this time, and went back into the house to change my formerly nice tee shirt, which was now in shreds.

Wife asked me if I tangled with a weed wacker, when I told her what happened she laughed like crazy. I did not really think it was all that funny, but she insists it was and still is.