Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #1

Spring Rally rides and info

Here are the rides that are planned for the Spring Rally, depending on the amount of people and the help with the rides (tail gunners and ride leaders) another ride may be planned. Friday night we will have a cookout at the Riders Rest they have a large cooler for your drinks, if you are unable to bring drinks let me know and we can run to the store and get what you need as my wife will have the car.
Saturday night will be a planed dinner but have not decided where as of now. Hope everyone has a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday's Morning Ride: Leave at 9:00 am. Ride down to War Eagle Mill, tour the Mill and ride back to Eureka Springs. Ride out west on Hwy 62 and tour the Glass Chapel, continue on west and stop at the Beaver Lake Dam. Head north to Holiday Island, cross the suspension bridge and return to Eureka Springs around 11:30 am. Total miles about 75.

Friday's lunch on your own or with friends.

Friday's Afternoon Ride: Leave at 1:00 pm. Ride east on Hwy 62 to Hwy 103. Turn south on 103 and ride to Hwy 412. Turn west on 412 to Hwy 21. Turn south on Hwy 21 and ride to Kingston. Fuel and restroom break at Kingston. Leave Kingston on Hwy 74 West and ride to Hwy 23. Turn north on Hwy 23 and return to Eureka Springs about 3:30 pm. Total miles about 91.

Saturday: For those that want to sleep in or do not want to go on the planned ride, I have a self guided sight seeing/shopping tour of Eureka Springs using the local Trolley systems. Or if they did not get to take the Friday Rides, I will help them with directions and they can do them on there own.

Saturday's Ride: Scenic Hwy 7 with lunch at the Cliff House Restaurant. Leave at 9:00 am and head east almost to Harrison. Take Hwy's 392, 397 and 43 to by-pass Harrison. Head south on Hwy 7 stopping at different scenic views and taking a fuel/restroom break at Jasper. Continue on south on 7 to the Cliff House for Lunch. It will be about 11:30 so eat a light breakfast. After lunch continue south on 7 to Hwy 16. Turn west on 16 to Hwy 21. Turn north on Hwy 21 to Kingston and stop for a fuel/restroom break. Continue north on Hwy 21 to Berryville and Hwy 62. Turn west on Hwy 62 and return to Eureka Springs about 3:30 pm. Total miles about 150. About 75 miles to the Cliff House and about 75 miles back to ES via a different route.
All ride and Eureka Springs info planned by Watchman & Nomad-Liz with a special thanks from me.

Login or Register to Remove Ads