Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
Advanced Member

a Saturday ride

though not really a great weather day for riding, it did hit 52F and that was good enough for me. I rode out of Virginia Beach in my regular leather jacket, but changed into my heavier lined jacket and chaps in Chesapeake rode on down into NC. I stopped as I always do at a gas station/store called the Border Crossing in Moyock, NC. A fresh coffee and I headed down to Elizabeth City via 168, 34 and then 17 back northward. I got heading homeward by about 3:45, and the sun was on its way down out of the sky and temperatures were slowly dropping. Heading back up 17 and back into VA I got caught up in traffic and it took me another hour to finally get back home, but before I did the sun was all but gone and temps had gone down to about 42F. The last 20 miles was by interstate so it got pretty chilly by VA standards. My fingers were numb and I needed to get warmed up when I got home. I really enjoyed the ride though; it never gets old no matter how many times I ride that route. I put on 160 miles today. A hot coffee and another cigar and I'm ready to ride. Where did you ride today?
Who is up for a ride this coming Saturday Jan 10th? The weather is forecast for 50F, but it may be warmer.

Login or Register to Remove Ads