Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 03-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #1

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

OMG!!!! I am in SO MUCH trouble!!! Usually, he parks his bike right next to mine in our old smaller garage, but yesterday he put his big bike loading ramp in the back of the garage temporarily. When we parked last night, I couldn't pull up as far and he had to park beside me, only half way up.....I hope you know what I mean. So, today he's at work and I went outside to clean my bike up and put stuff back in my saddlebags (I had it at a dealer Friday).

First problem, was that his bike needed to be backed out first. I decided to wait until he got home later for that, but wanted to put my saddlebag stuff away. His bike was in the way! So I got on and DID NOT LIFT THE KICKSTAND UP, but tried to roll the bike backwards. It was stuck in a small crater area in the concrete floor, so I had to start rocking it back and forth to move it. I got it to roll forward more, but I wanted backwards!!!

I started rocking it again....and you have probably guessed by now.....the rocking MUST have lifted the kickstand on me because the bike started going over on me and I could NOT stop it!!!!! His bike weighs a freaking ton!!!!!! Worse, it fell over onto my bike!!!! My leg was pinned between them too!!!!! I managed to get calm enough to wiggle my leg free...thank you God!!!! Then I stood there in sheer panic as I looked at his pretty bike laying half way on its side into my bike!!!!

I was trying the technique to lift a bike yourself and it wasn't working. I looked it up again on the internet, but it was showing the person lifting it up from the downed side!!!! The downed side of his bike is up against mine!!!! From what I can see, his side mirror is digging into my seat and his hard bag has bent my license plate into my rear fender. OMG! The poor Nad looks SO PITIFUL!!!!!! Does that technique for lifting a bike yourself work from the other side?

Of course, I called Chaz in tears at work to tell him, CONVINCED I would be heading to divorce court for this!!!! Thankfully, he didn't bite my head off and remained pretty calm on the phone. I did get a call right back (a few minutes ago, now) though, telling me he has left work early and on the way home!!!!! Yup, that proves he's more upset than he let on to me on the phone!!!!!!

Please pray for me!!!! If his bike has any major damage, I still may be heading to divorce court!!!! What a way to ruin a pretty day!!!!! YIKES!!!!

A few pics:

Cheri Ann
2012 Vulcan Vaquero
VBA #2069

Login or Register to Remove Ads