Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 02-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #1

Work in progress

I am slowly getting accessories installed on my new bike. I am taking my time and trying to think ahead since I will not get my fairing install for awhile. I have to get it painted to match the new bike's colors. And with this colder weather I am not spending much time in the unheated garage. The only thing new I have bought for the bike is Phat II risers. They should be here today or tomorrow. So for now I am installing my driving lights air horn, highway pegs, Back Off license plate bracket, luggage rack, tail bag and my Corbin seat. The rest of the stuff can wait until warmer weather.

Who ever assembled the bike originally needs more supervision. I found the red reflectors on the front wheel and the amber reflectors on the license plate bracket. The valve core in both air shocks was loose and the shocks would not hold air. The spring damper on the right shock was set on I and the left damper was on IIII. And there was no cable ties on the handle bar cables.

But the worse thing so far was that when they install the right saddle bag they did not get the safety hanger in the bracket and bolted the bag on causing the hanger to get bent and the bag to bend inward. And the bend was there for so long the bag has taken a set with this inward curve in it. I hope that now with the hanger straightened and the bag installed properly when the bag gets really warm this summer the curve comes out and the bag takes it's proper form. The curve makes the bag very hard to take off and put on.

So as you can see I am checking almost every nut and bolt and have gotten from the rear fender to the engine. With the other things I have found I am concern especially with the torque on the front wheel and brakes. Anything that was install when the bike was originally put together out of the crate is really suspect.

Anyway I will have the bike road ready by the next warm weather and I will start getting some miles on it. I will get some pictures posted soon. See you in May at ES.

Login or Register to Remove Ads