Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-01-2016, 08:15 PM   #1

Question Cee Bailey vs Wind Vest

Hi all,
I'm looking to upgrade the stock windshield on my 2014 Vaquero to around a 9"-11" dark, not black, windshield. According to what I've seen online, that would be a good height for someone my size, 5'8". It's hard to tell online who makes a better product so I figured I'd ask here. Anyone have experience with either of these manufacturers? Would you recommend any others? I can tell you right now, I don't like the looks of the Klock Werks windshields.
Thanks in advance!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-01-2016, 09:15 PM   #2

My wife is 5'8" and she rides the Green Vaq. Bought the 11" Cee Bailey recently from Reward (Thanks Reward!). The bride loves the shield, says she can see over it or duck down if she needs to. Also, I like the look of the Cee Bailey on the green better than the ClearView I had on it...

Ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Old 07-01-2016, 09:45 PM   #3

Thanks, did she get the dark tint? Does it look unusually tall on the bike?

Old 07-02-2016, 06:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troopervinny View Post
Thanks, did she get the dark tint? Does it look unusually tall on the bike?
It is not dark tinted. *IF* it is tinted, it is a light tint. No the shield does not look too tall, the Cee Bailey looks good on the Green Vaq. The ClearView I had on that bike, did look a little tall. I have not ridden the Green Vaq. since the Cee Baily has been on it, so not sure about the coverage/protection. I am 5'10~5'11...
We had a Cee Baily on her V-Star before she upgraded to the Vaq. Good quality products both times. I am fan of Cee Bailey windshields at this point.

Ride safe,
Smokier

Old 07-02-2016, 02:04 AM   #5

I bought a windshield for my wing years ago from Cee Bailey and had no complaints either about product or seller.......Mike

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-02-2016, 07:23 AM   #6

I'm 5'8 and the Wind Vest works and looks great for me, (13 Voyager) I can't compare to a cee baily, I never seen one. I also have a low profile Klock Werks, and people love the look on the bike but it just doesn't deflect the wind as well as the Wind Vest!

Old 07-02-2016, 09:31 AM   #7

What size did you get?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99xcsp View Post
I'm 5'8 and the Wind Vest works and looks great for me, (13 Voyager) I can't compare to a cee baily, I never seen one. I also have a low profile Klock Werks, and people love the look on the bike but it just doesn't deflect the wind as well as the Wind Vest!

Old 07-02-2016, 07:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troopervinny View Post
What size did you get?
10 inch Gun Smoke!

Old 07-02-2016, 09:35 PM   #9

I got this and it was a perfect fit and a quality shield. I also ordered the same size smoke screen and it looks great on my 2015 Vaquero.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 07-02-2016, 10:29 PM   #10

Wow, That's a great price! I will have to look into that. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captblack52 View Post
I got this and it was a perfect fit and a quality shield. I also ordered the same size smoke screen and it looks great on my 2015 Vaquero.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 07-05-2016, 02:12 AM   #11

I too run a Windvest 10" and it's a great shield. I'm actually selling mine to get the new 12" they have available because I have a tall back and need a bit more height to really make my ride more comfortable.

I'm selling mine in the classified section for $100 plus shipping if you're interested.

Mods, If adding this is against the posting rules please delete the sale notice, thanks.

Windvest Recurve Windshield | KQR Passenger Backrest | Grasshopper Backrest | Passenger Floorboards | Progressive 430 Shocks | Scala Rider Teamset Pro | Kawasaki XM Radio | Racin' Ray's Throttle Mod | Avon Grips | Ivan's ECU Flash | Shaved Seat with Gel Insert | Wrapped Exhaust | Door Pocket Key Knobs | Vance and Hines Slash Cut Exhaust

Old 07-05-2016, 03:12 AM   #12

I've had a Windvest 12" for a couple of years now - and it's the perfect height for me alone, or with a passenger. I'll get another one the same when I need a new shield.

It might only recently be available for a Voyager or Vaq, but they've always had a 12" screen available for HD Ultras & street glides, so I just bought one of those, and cut the two tabs at the bottom of the screen off straight. Mine is Windvest model 61-1210.

They make many screens for HD's, so it's a little easier to find a good price, too... There's quite a lot of competition between sellers on Ebay.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 07-06-2016, 06:55 AM   #13

Peg, can you post a couple of photos? I cut the tabs on a HD shield and noticed that it left a gap because the Harley shield was narrower than the Voyager one. Worked, but you could tell it didn't fit.

Friends tell me I need to get in shape. Round is a shape, isn't it?

Old 07-07-2016, 12:31 AM   #14

Here's a couple of photos Kap, behind, in front, and profile so you can see the recurve. I've never noticed the gap, but the shield probably is a very little bit narrower, yes... Damn you, I'll probably notice that tiny difference all the time now.

It's by far the best shield I've had on the bike. I now have a Goldwing vent in it as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg July 2015.jpg (89.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg March 2014.jpg (93.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg August 2015.jpg (98.2 KB, 21 views)

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 07-07-2016, 01:34 PM   #15

I have the 10" Slipstream sheild in the DARK tint, and also the Klockwerks 9" in the dark tint. Also have the 12" Klockwerks in the Smoke.

I love the look of the KlockWerks 9" on the bike, though mine is the '14 metallic charcoal color.

At 5'10" I look over both the Slipstream and the Klockwerks 9". The 12" Klockwerks I felt was too tall and kept looking through the curved part of the shield.

Pics attached of the bike with both the SlipStream and the KlockWerks on. Also pic of the comparison of the stock; Slipstream; and KlockWerks 12"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4133.jpg (95.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3919.jpg (96.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3973.jpg (90.0 KB, 15 views)

2014 Vulcan 1700 Wind Therapy "Vaqueroger" Vaquero ABS - KlockWerks 9" shield, RacynRay ISO Grips, Luverne Kawi Lowering Kit; Vance & Hines Exhaust; Thunder Mfg intake; Ivan's ECU Flash; Mustang Wide Touring Saddle; XM/iPod adapters; Voyager trunk on Wompass Rack; Randy's 6.5" adapters; Rockford Fosgate amp; Polk Audio speakers; custom painted by Kevin Norton.

Last edited by CaptKurt; 07-07-2016 at 01:38 PM.

Tags
vaquero, windshield