Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-01-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Deer in the Road

Last night coming home from work was kinda airish almost cold. I had seen over a dozen deer and one nice buck. Well I'm almost to a intersection so I had slowed down some and I thought I saw something in the road. ( it's 11:00 pm ) I let off the gas and was straining to see was it was and then I realized it was not one but two deer walking away from me in my lane. I hit the brake to hard and started sliding but got off brake and tried to go around them to the right. Almost made it but my foot peg on the engine guard caught one of them and flipped it back into me. Lost control for a sec, knocked me off the road into the grass don't know how I kept control but I fought it and stayed up. I stopped and the next driveway and found out my engine guard is bent to my floor board and the peg is gone. It opened my saddle bag but it was to dark to see if anything else was wrong. So this morning I go out and look it has cracked my bag in where the deer hit it. So now I'm like Nico I need a left saddlebag. All I can say is I was lucky it could have been worst.
VBA #00077

Login or Register to Remove Ads