Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 06-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #1

Ever have one of those days...

...when you feel as if you just learned to ride? Every once in a while (like yesterday on my way home from work) it just seems like the bike isn't cooperating - not just the Nomad because I would have those days on other motorcycles. Like my command of the bike is diminished.

Yesterday, for example, the brakes felt grabby, the bike was squirrelly when coming to a stop, my shifting was sloppy - nothing felt right. Normally, I come to a nice smooth stop and put my foot down right at the moment the bike stops. But nooooo. I felt off-balance and needed to correct as I slowed. My heel caught the edge of the floorboard as I tried to step down. I wasn't anticipating the distance to stop and had to grab too much brake at the end.

Oddly enough, my trip TO work was fine - same this morning. I thought perhaps the amount of fuel on board changed the behavior of the bike - and I think that's true - but my trip this morning was fine.

Just wondering if anyone else has "those days."

Login or Register to Remove Ads