Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 05-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
Advanced Member

10 minutes riding "with" the Skeleton Crew MC.

This past Saturday I was heading home from a friends house when I passed through a small town that an establishment hosted a biker club party. I rode out of town on the 2 lane road with no concerns. A few minutes later I check the mirrors and find 8 riders behind me. There was traffic ahead and oncoming, so they had no chance to pass. There was no attempt to muscle past me for 2-3 miles. It was surreal as they were close enough to me for me to be "part of the group". The traffic ahead turned off as "we" approached a stop sign. In my opinion, I had one choice if there was no cross traffic at the stop sign. Don't stop. I ran the stop sign as if it wasn't there, followed by "the rest of the group". Still the leader of the pack, traffic again prevented any attempts to pass. Another stop sign was up ahead. Some slowing was needed to allow traffic to proceed. Again, a full stop was not an option. "We" ran that stop sign as well. The road turned to 4 lanes and the group behind me was able to pass. No gestures were exchanged as they passed. They will likely keep the story of a Kawasaki leading to themselves. (or make something up). I did not feel intimidated at all, and running the stop signs was the only way to to keep my position. (and my pride)

VBA 00735
VROC 28102

2008 KVN MOB & NS

The only hand-held device that should be legal to use while driving is the STEERING WHEEL!

Login or Register to Remove Ads