Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
Mega-Contributor

*** MEMBER NEEDS HELP! ***

I was waiting to order my lunch this morning and I received a call from Jared Gant, aka "Utah Motorcyclist". He is on his way to ride Death Valley and his bike is dead. He is stranded 250 miles from home in St. George, UT. He has limited tools, no service manual and no access to a PC or the internet.

Here's what I know: Jared and his buddies rode to breakfast this morning and everything was fine. After breakfast, they went to leave and his bike wouldn't start. He said it acted like the battery was bad, so they went to the Kaw dealer and he replaced the battery. Still no-go.

He says the instrument cluster goes through its power-on self-check, the fuel pump is pressurizing, and the engine turns over. It just will not start. He pulled all 4 spark plugs and can't see any spark when he cranks it.

He has checked all the fuses, and I told him to check any connector he can get to and make sure it's tight. I spoke to him while i had lunch and suggested everything I could think of off the top of my head.

Again, the bike has power, fuel, and cranks over - it appears to have no spark.

So if ANYONE can assist Jared in any way, his cell # is (801)636-3566.

By the time I posted this, his riding buddies may have already left him behind and continued on to Death Valley.

Let's try to pay it forward and help out a fellow member. One of us may be in his shoes some day.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads