Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 03-23-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
Advanced Member

at 47--- my 1st broken bone

Well...I knew it had to happen sooner or later.
Saturday night my daughters, boyfriends 5 year old and I was in the basement...he is my littel buddy and he sticks to me like glue.
Anyways, I have this make shift divider in the basement that keeps out dogs out of the office area.
Well he and I decided to go upstairs and well...
I lifted my right leg over the divider at the same time his little 1 feet high legs "tried" to go over as well.
In the process he moved the divider, my right foot got caught and nature took over, I tried to regain with the left foot but it was also caught...and there I go as gracefull as an elephant I turned to push him out of the way and lundged forward and before I could stop the fall with my hands my left rib cage feel directly on the corner of a pet carrier that was sitting around and BAM....I was in total pain...trying to catch my breath and cussing like a sailor.
I finally got up in Ouch level pain.
The next morning the wife took me to the hospital and sure enough I broke the #7 rib.
Just in time to go to work on Monday...my first major side job since I was layed off in December...
If I was still gainfully employed...I believe I would have used a few sick days...
Man I could never imagine the pain of a broken bone.
I know there are several others in the body that can hurt a LOT worse but jeepers this dag on thing is wippen my butt.
Anyways....tomorrow I am going to try and wrap it up so I can ride...I did say TRY...I miss my Nomad :(

Clayton
2008 1600 Nomad
VBA #01332

Login or Register to Remove Ads