Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #1

Guess it's time to introduce myself

Hey everyone. Thought I'd post up a little info to introduce myself to the board before I start posting away. Fine place ya'll got here!

I found your wonderful site after purchasing my fourth bike - a green and silver '06 Nomad (Please forgive the pic, it's from the dealer's site. I need to take a better one soon). I had been looking for riding areas here in Texas and stumbled upon Trip's main web site. Must say I really enjoyed the afternoon ride around Palestine, TX! Thanks, Trip!

Before the Nomad I rode a V-star 1300, a Suzuki M50 and a VLX 600. I'm originally from WA State and did a lot of riding out there during the two weeks of summer they get. Now, I'm in Texas enjoying the year-round riding weather here.

I do believe I've purchased my last bike (*cough* yeah, right *cough*) but then the new 1700 Nomad came out and man.. sure does looks purdy. Seriously though, I've been very pleased with the long distance comfort of this bike, and it's been rock solid the last six weeks and 1300 miles I've put on it. A new, taller windshield, better highway pegs and backrest (already ordered grasshopper's) and I'll be set for some week-long trips "that-a-way". <- my favorite kind!

Well, for your viewing pleasure, I thought I'd throw up some pics I took while out and about in WA state. If you ever get the chance to ride out there, you'll not regret it. Anyway, hope you enjoy the pictures...

"Taranis" and the Lovely Ann
KawaNOW Oldschool #885
His: 2006 Nomad
Hers: 2008 VN900 Classic LT

Login or Register to Remove Ads