Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-22-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
Advanced Member

New Voyager?

I hate to bring this up on a Nomad board, but:

I talked to a Kawasaki dealer in Dallas last week and he confirmed the new Voyager. His quote was " if your looking to buy something, wait six months and you should know about the new Voyager."

I like my Nomad, but would really like something bigger (6'7" 275 pounds) for trips. I drove a new Gold Wing a couple of weeks ago and loved the handling, but comfort sucked. My knees were into the fairing and foot pegs were underneath me. I felt like I was on a silent crotch rocket more then an all day touring bike.

H&W Honda was cool letting me test ride and offered me advice for a Tall guy. Bottom line about $2,500 in seats and accessories would get me sitting somewhat comfortable.

I took a ride on the Royal Star Venture and it was nice but not any bigger then my Nomad and not the quality of the Gold Wing. I am hoping the new Voyager will meet my needs and enter the competition for my future ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads