Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 05-19-2008, 06:29 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
good news, bad news

Today the dirt bag who committed fraud against my daughter appeared in District Court today and pleaded guilty to the fraud that he perpetrated against her. He is even willing to sign a letter to the effect that it was all his doing and that he is solely responsible. The judge ordered a pre-sentence investigation even though his attorney asked the judge to use the same pre-sentence info discovered by Bonneville County last month in their sentencing and used by Power County last week because the judge wants to hear from the victim. That is the good news. My daughter and I got on the phone with the financial institutions involved and one of them is willing to talk and is sending a fraud packet to us. We are hoping that they will take their rightful place as victim and accept court ordered restitution. We even have a fraud ticket number with them. (Hey, I'm reaching for hope here give me a break) Now hopeful we call the second bank, actually their collection agent, that was a mistake. At this bank the dirt bag took out a credit card and charged up $9,000 in bills, with interest and penalties it is now at over $15,000!!!!! We told the rude woman who answered the phone what happened in court and asked if they would be willing to step in as victims and take the court ordered restitution. She said no. That my daughter is the victim and that my daughter needs to go to court after Mr. Dirtbag and make him pay back the banks $15,000. She even acknowledged that the fraud was against my daughter and that the dirtbag spent the banks money but it is still my daughters, the real victims, responsibility to spend her money to recover the banks money to clear her credit. At that point I indicated that it was ridiculous for the bank to take that attitude because my daughter could file bankruptcy and clear her name then the bank would not get anything. Rude woman then said that I just earned my daughter 7 years of bad credit and proceeded to yell at me while I was yelling at her and she hung up on me.

So, we need real legislation in this country to hold banks accountable for giving out credit like it is candy to any body who calls or fills out an application with someone else's info and then willingly holds the victim accountable!!!! Am I wrong here? No wonder banks make so much freakin money. I wonder if I can find a law firm willing to take this bank to court for mental distress or something? I am sick of this mess. Dirtbag will go to jail, never pay back a cent and my daughter, even if she gets a court ordered judgment will still be the loser. Where is the judgement in that?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Login or Register to Remove Ads