Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 03-21-2008, 08:34 PM   #1

Vista Cruise Mods

OK, as promised, here are some pics of my modified Vista Cruise.

What I did is dump the stock plastic clamp and bar, turn the unit down on the grip somewhat, and fabricate a bent steel bracket with two holes. The bracket is secured to the bike with the same screw that holds the throttle cables to the switch housing. The allen head screw & acorn nut supplied by Vista Cruise to attach the thumb latch also attaches the unit to the new bracket. (Bracket is painted black in the photos.) I supplied a couple small flat washers.

Notice that that that screw comes very close to the switch housing, and infact interfered with it until I ground the head of the screw off quite shallow and beveled the top.

The bracket was made from a card slot blockoff plate from an old computer case. It was a very old case & the metal was much thicker than those of the more modern computers. Anyhow 18 gage steel should work fine. This part was metric metal and perhaps a tad thicker than that.

View from the seat, cruise off:

View from the seat, cruise on:

View from the bar end (cruise on):

View from below (cruise on):

Login or Register to Remove Ads