Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 04-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #1

Dangerous intersections

I live about 1/2 a block away from an intersection that seems to have a lot of accidents. I live four floors up, and have a good view of the intersection. In the time I've lived here (just over a year) there have been 4 crashes while I was at home.

For comparison, there are four intersections I can see from here, the other three have had no accidents.

After the crash yesterday, I decided to walk over and try to figure out what was going on there?

Both streets are one way streets, and there is a slight curve, coupled with some visual obstacles. If either direction (cars going west, or cars going south, each a one way road) runs a yellow light too long and into the red, they can't see if anything is coming from the side until it's too late.

I suspect that is what is going on there. A car gets the green and pulls out, then gets slammed by a late yellow runner. Neither one could see the other till it was too late and they were already committed.

Just curious of any of you know of a particularly dangerous intersection where you see a lot of accidents, and make a mental note to watch out for that intersection?

Login or Register to Remove Ads