Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-10-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
Advanced Member

Mounting CB antenna

Having stripped the bike down to take the parts to the painter, I am going to use the opportunity to do some other work.

I'm moving my J&M Communicator (with CB) from my Classic. Any suggestions for mounting the antenna on the '06 Nomad? An obvious location looks to be the hard bag support strut that runs behind the tire.

One parameter: When traveling, I mount a bag (Kuryakin Full Dresser) to the luggage rack, so the antenna has to clear the bag.

If you have mounted one, do you have a mounting parts list?

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-10-2009, 08:24 AM   #2

Mounting CB antenna

You may consider mounting it to the upright support bar for the backrest. That way the antenna would always be the high point and would not only get the best reception but would be up high enough so that the bag shouldn't interfere with it.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
Advanced Member

Mounting CB antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP
You may consider mounting it to the upright support bar for the backrest. That way the antenna would always be the high point and would not only get the best reception but would be up high enough so that the bag shouldn't interfere with it.
The bag has a big velcro wrap around the sissy bar, so that's not an option. Thanks.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:52 PM   #4

Mounting CB antenna

You might check into flag mounts. There are several sites that I have seen while browsing flag mounting options that carried mounts that made me think of CB antenna mounts. I guess it depends on the style of antenna you have and how it is designed to mount. If you have a truck stop nearby I would recommend checking there. They usually have multiple options for mounting different styles of antennas and you may get a new idea to fabricate something. I used to go to Radio Shack for all of that but the local one has really decreased inventory in that department. I blame it on cell phones.