Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 10-24-2008, 12:48 PM   #1

Republicans are annoying me with calls

The Republicans are really starting to annoy me now After the first few calls from their computer trying to scare me into voting for McCain, not just connivance me, but scare me into it....I had enough.

That phone number that the say at 3 times the speed of the rest of the call, I got it. It leads right to the national committee 202-863-8500. The phone menu doesn't give you an opt out of calls choice, so you pick anything. You tell that person what you want, and they switch you to someone else. You tell that person, and the first reply that they make is "have you ever donated money to the Republican National Committee?" You say no, and they hang up on you.

If you can't even tell them your number, how can they be responsible for still calling you? Repeat that about 4 times. Some thing each time. It's too bad that the politicians that made the Do Not Call law exempted political calls :(

I call again and choose 0, then 4, that gets you to the office staff of the chairman. Tell them what you want and they transfer you back to the "have you ever donated office" then you get hung up on again. Call the chairman's office a few more times, same thing. Call again and tell them that they will get tired of me, and I'm not stopping till they remove my number. He takes my number and says he will make sure I don't get called. FINALY!

Then I get a scare you call from Tom Ridge telling me I better vote for McCain out of fear. Get annoyed all over again, call the Chairman's office a few more time.

The Republicans are pissing me off. I'm sure they cold tell the computer to quite calling this number, but they won't do it. They will lie and say they will, but they won't.

I know that it isn't as annoying when it's the home team calling, but I hate scare tactics. I hate being manipulated more than most people, and I hate being lied to. I hate being asked if I've ever donated, then being hung up on.

If anyone else feels similar, but I'm sure not the same intensity, call 202-863-8500, push 0, then 4, and tell the chairman's staff that you don't like it either.

Login or Register to Remove Ads