Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #1

Dan Vs Change

Not to beat up on Dan but having just read his post in "ticket" I must say he is dead wrong.

Dan wrote:

"The generation that wanted social change in the 60's are complacent boring old farts who just don't give a damn about what the government does now. The people who got their heads cracked open during the 68 Democratic National Convention are probably all submissive old farts who are watching TV saying, "I don't care if the government spies on us" "I don't care if they make you show papers, just because of how you look". What happened to you all? "

I was born in 48 and that makes me a old fart. But I submit my generation has not become submissive - we are now the founding members of the TEA PARTY!!!! A party I am sure Dan would not join or even understand.

We want social change in the form of smaller govt and balanced budgets. And, yes many of us want borders that protected from the hordes of illegal aliens attacking this country. And, Dan, this is the real bummer for you, we are very socially active. Active to the point that the libs hate us!!

Power to the people!!

Bill

PS - and, by the way, I was happy to see the long hair, dope smoking, draft card burning hippies at the 1968 Dem Convention get their due!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Dan Vs Change

Actually, I think that the protesters looking for social change in the 60's are the present day entrenched members of the democrat congress that Dan aligns himself with today.

Many of us "Old Farts" actively protest what is happening with our country today.

And, for the record, I did not protest in the 60's. In fact when I found out that my permanent lottery number was 362 I joined the USMC. Got lucky and never made it west of the Mississippi River but I did not know that when I enlisted. I fully expected to end up in Viet Nam. Forever grateful that I did not go.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 07-06-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Dan Vs Change

It was very hard for me to protest in the 60s considering I was in the US Navy from July 1967 until April 1971. I was for the war in Vietnam and saw no purpose in us being there. With the draft, and there were no lottery numbers then, you either had a deferment because you were in college or for some other reason or you were drafted. That was cut and dry. No other options unless you were Casius Clay aka Mohammed Ali and refused to be drafted. I served my country like probably 90% of the men did back then.

Now to present day I am against pretty much everything the government is for. I did not roll over as Dan stated in his post. I really don't think any of the older generation rolled over. The government just sort of took us while we really couldn't do anything about it. What can we do? If anyone has an idea other than voting the bums out let us know.

I also felt Dan was wrong and owed us an apology but he wasn't that much of a man. When you are wrong you are wrong and you should apologize. He just wasn't man enough to do that.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 07-07-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Dan Vs Change

All men are created equal, but that is where equality stops. What ever else happens after being created changes everything.

Dan has issues with authority. I do as well. These were created by injury by what I consider to be the system of in-justice. A difference between me and Dan is I know there is both good and bad wiith in the law and out of the law.

So while I may run into a corrupt cop, I know not all cops are. I was framed for a felony crime twice in my life. Once for murder, when the reality was i was doing my best to save a man's life, and again for a hit and run felony on a lamp post.

I find it most interesting that on the lamp post incident that cop is now serving time for 512 counts of childmolestaion. it causes me to wonder how many other innocents were framed and found guilty, accused by that officer.

To this day I carry a record, even after being found innocent. For the mere sum of 500 dollars i can have the record expunged. The problem is I have better things to do with 500 bucks.

So in some ways i can see some of Dans points.

On the war, I had friends killed, killed in their own minds, some active at the time were also Protestors. JFK started something and LBJ grew it for peronal reasons. None of this had much to do with common man or the military.

Another problem Dan shares with the so called libral segment is you could point out a fact, and Dan, other who see like Dan, refuse to acknowledge these facts, and admit these facts exist at all. A part of the tolerate everything, untill 0 Tolerance is called for.

This can't be both ways at the same time. It is contrary to one to the other.

Dan comes from that very generation. We come from ours.

If anyone has gone soft it isn't my generation, but those coming after. The same ones who got what they wanted and now demand 0 Tolerance.

As I see things the current system is soft on crime, has a revolving door policy for the most violent offenders, and holds the meekest.

I personally feel the system is failing, and the end result for me is that I never go any where unarmed, and never will, but it wasn't always this way for me.

I do mean anywhere, since i see my NH ccw as valid in all states as my drivers lic is.

I don't like the way this was handled. But then Trip has to do what he has to do. I think somehow there was a confused idea not a part of the problem, that made it appear as trip was seeking an appology for himself, when the reality is Trip was seeking an appology for other men.

This is just my opinion, but in life not much is fair. As I said we are created as equal, but in about 10 second after birth all of that changes.

We are living in a very dangerous time.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 07-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #5

Dan Vs Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho (High Plains Drifter)
Actually, I think that the protesters looking for social change in the 60's are the present day entrenched members of the democrat congress that Dan aligns himself with today.
I agree with that one...... or so it would appear....

As far as Vietnam and Afganastan..... if we are going to fight a war we need to fight a war. Trying to be polite and likable is not how you win... its how you become a democrat and intentionally remove the possiblity of winning..... so at that point why be there?
Its their policies and beliefs causing the most damage and deaths to our troups. If you dont want to fight then get out and save lives....but then live with the results.

We have all seen the results of negotiations with Iran... we can threaten, promise, become muslims...... aint gonna change a thing to stop them from getting all the pieces together to destroy us.
And Im sure those who allowed them to progress to that point are gonna blame Bush or whomever else they can to keep from taking credit for the disaster they not only allowed but created.

In all the "lets talk to them" theory of things has allowed Iran to get Weapons grade Nuclear material, create and test missles capable of using nuclear material, they have given Syria weapons grade radar....... sort of a chess game with our leadership saying well lets take away their nintendo for a week.....

They keep going forward with their pieces and we continue to to be polite.

So, put me down as one of the old farts,who has learned from lifes lessons you have to kick a bully's ass to get him to stop being a bully.
All talk without backing it up does is prove your a pu**y and afraid to stand up for what is right and they will continue until you stop them.

Th UN is a joke, half the assigned responsibilites for human rights are assigned to the worst violators of the same theing they are supposed to oppose. Yet we support their views??Why???

I was born in 55, volunteered and served during Vietnam. My father served in WWII and Korea along with countless others and I bet most of them are turning over in their graves.

History has proven since recorded history began that it repeats itself........ we are there again!!

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
1946 George Orwell

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #6

Dan Vs Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
All men are created equal......
I thought Samuel Colt did that?

Old 07-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #7

Dan Vs Change

Samuel Colt set forth a way of creating equality that scares the ones who dont want all equal. If he could have only seen the future.......

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
1946 George Orwell

Old 07-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #8
Sr. Contributor

Dan Vs Change

yeah Sam was God's right hand man, just a bit later. This left is all about equal, untill it has it and then it wants more than equal like for minority votes they get 6 to our one to make it equal.

What I figure is man is man, has always been man and will always be man untill he, man destroys man. That is all because on the first day a man in a tree came down and picked up a rock. With that rock he attacked another man. That man attacked back with a stick. I have no idea which man won.

What i do know is that ever since the only things in life that have really improved is the stick and the rock.

My stance on War is that unless you take the land, and keep it, then there is no point to war.

War is the result of when poly tics fail.

I use poly meaning plastic and tics meaning leeches. Which is what I consider almost all professsional poly tics.

The Govt is responcible for wars and is as responcible for whom it send into harms way.

I know many anti war Nam Vets. They know what war is.

If I were King, the men going to war would be old and fat accustomed to a soft life, with an excess of money, or in other words the pro ploy tic, that and that alone would stop war.

Lets send Obama and Hillery to the ft line, and then you will see an end to war, GWB can go to for all I care. Countless other like Biden can go too. Pretty much every one left clapping in the hearings over the Heath Care bill can go and it won't bother me a bit.

When you see death first hand enough, 2 things happen. The first thing is you get sick, the 2nd thing is you no longer fear death.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 07-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #9

Dan Vs Change

Well said Mac from New Hampsta.

I have seen death of soldiers here in Iraq and I can't begin to imagine what the families must be going thru. I'm old enough to be the parent of any one of the soldiers under me. It's a scary and serious business here. THE WAR IN IRAQ IS NOT OVER!! As long as a soldier dies or is hurt due to being here then it's not over. The bad guys still want to hurt us everyday. We've lessened their capability to do that but not eliminated it.

vin

Old 07-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #10
Sr. Contributor

Dan Vs Change

Vin, You stay over there for long enough (you poor SOB) and you just might meet my kid. He is slated. I hope you are not there that long.

It will be easy to tell him out from the rest. He wears digital camo, and has a close hair cut. Might be wearing the dreaded Lt bars too.

The last time i saw him, he was getting ready to take more training in Ok. In a loose moment i asked if he got better treatment flying commercial in a uniform. he looked at me like a deer caught in the head lights and said DAD! haven't you heard of texas? We don't travel in uniforms anymore.

What a Hell of a thing to hear! No longer in the USA is a soldier safe to travel in his uniform!

Something is very wrong with this picture.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 07-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #11

Dan Vs Change

Well I failed to see what happened with Dan, maybe I'm just blind, dumb, or crazy... Yeah thats me. Anyway, I fail to see why all the headache, just put it past us and get on with life and everybody be happy. I like Dans post, some I don't agree with, but I like them. I for one will hate to see him leave. Just my 2 cents worth. there.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #12

Dan Vs Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridemslow
Well I failed to see what happened with Dan, maybe I'm just blind, dumb, or crazy... Yeah thats me. Anyway, I fail to see why all the headache, just put it past us and get on with life and everybody be happy. I like Dans post, some I don't agree with, but I like them. I for one will hate to see him leave. Just my 2 cents worth. there.
Don't feel alone. I failed to see what happened with Dan also.
I think Trip wanted an apology for some of the over sensitive members and Dan didn't figure one was in order. So Dan was banned.
Moral of the story. If Trip ever asks me for an apology,I will give him one ,even if I don't think I was wrong , 'cause I like this forum.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 07-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #13

Dan Vs Change

mac,

I think I did see him.....a soldier in ACU uniform, short hair,,,,yeh yeh I did see him. I'll be sure to say hello next time I see him!!
FYI: I'll be home in the next 5-7 weeks.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #14
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Dan Vs Change

I heard Trip and Dan were standing side by side at a Urinal and Trip peaked over the stall to take a peek and started weeping... I guess it still bugs him?! LOL!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 07-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #15
Sr. Contributor

Dan Vs Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightdoc
mac,

I think I did see him.....a soldier in ACU uniform, short hair,,,,yeh yeh I did see him. I'll be sure to say hello next time I see him!!
FYI: I'll be home in the next 5-7 weeks.
LOL..,If you need any mc work do let me know. I think we are about 45 miles or so apart. That's just a guess, based on what i think i know.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Closed Thread