Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 01-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #1

Just stopped by to say hello and to learn about Nomads
I'm thinking about buying a 1600 nomad, right now I have a Suzuiki 1400 Intruder, Kaw Concours and a kaw Voyager. Something about the Nomad has me going crasy for one. So I'll be lurking and trying to learn about this bike.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-27-2008, 11:15 PM   #2
Top Contributor

go for it eaglekeeper, its the only bike.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #3

Hey Eaglekeeper! Welcome to the land of the Nomad. How are Y'ouns doing? I am originally from Kittanning PA. I have a 2007 and it is an awesome ride.

I did an enormous amount of research before I purchased my Nomad. My wife would say a ridiculous amount. I compared everything that was comparable in the cruiser class. The Nomad easily came out on top as "Best for the Buck." A lot of what you would need to purchase on the others was factory installed and built into the price.

However, one of the main things that sold me on the Kawasaki Cruiser was that I had the chance to talk to the head mechanic in the motorcycle shop when I was having some tires installed on my father's '75 Gold Wing. The dealership sells all models (except the Harley). I was somewhat looking for a new ride at the time and I asked him, "If you could buy any cruiser motorcycle in here which one would you invest your money in and why?" He took me into the area where the inventory bikes were stored (not the showroom). I told him that I was going to be selfish and buy a "one time present to myself -- for myself."

We looked at every cruiser style. The Honda was good quality, barely brought in for problems, but, in his opinion, a little over priced for all that you get. The Yamaha was good quality, fairly priced, but a little cumbersome. The Suzuki had the highest number of recall repair time and warranty calls for service time in the shop.

He said that he would personally purchase the Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 and simply because you get what you pay for and everyone that has one speaks highly of it. He said that the Vulcan 2000 was not worth it in the ride difference except to you could say that you had a bigger engine. When I told him what I was looking for in a cruiser -- he told me about Nomad. He also said that the Nomad was one bike that always sells as soon as it hits the floor so they were really never able to keep one in stock.

Ref the HD, I could not believe how stupid people are to just have the name! It would have been close to $10,000 more and I would still have less motorcycle. Here was my calculations: My money + my present to me + what I wanted in my MC = No Harley. However, I find that a lot of people at red lights often drool over my Nomad and say, "Nice Harley!" ::)

The mechanic was right...the Nomad has it all....a little bit of luxury, a little bit of throwback appeal, and enough power to make you go "rrrh...rrrh...rrrh". I have absolutely no regrets.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #4

That was pretty good Dui!

Old 01-29-2008, 12:55 AM   #5
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to donoller

enough said

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-29-2008, 05:53 AM   #6

+2

Amy "kawgirl" Neal
Greenville, NC
2002 Nomad

Old 01-29-2008, 07:43 AM   #7

Eaglekeeper, welcome from Nebraska.My testimonial to the Nomad is this. Last summer I was working in New Jersey, but I live in Nebraska. In August, rather than fly back and forth to work, I rode the Nomad. Three round trips that month and loved every minute of it. If memory serves me,I am sure I stopped in Clarion for gas. Very nice country.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:45 AM   #8

I bought my '07 Nomad in September and still have that big grin on my face everytime I think about it or ride it. It's a great bike and I can't wait til the weather warms up so I can ride without freezing. I am buying some bolt on bling to give me something to do when I can't ride.