Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 02-03-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Another Idiot off the streets II

Wheelie-popping biker arrested in Modesto
By Rosalio Ahumada
rahumada@modbee.com

last updated: February 01, 2009 10:17:29 PM

A man driving a motorcycle, who Modesto police said was speeding and popping a wheelie Saturday on Briggsmore Avenue, was arrested after a police officer on a motorcycle caught him and took him into custody with the help of passers-by and firefighters.

Craig Cardoza, 29, of Modesto was arrested on suspicion of exhibition of speed, resisting arrest and assault on a police officer, said Sgt. Brian Findlen, a Modesto police spokesman.

Findlen said the incident started about noon when officer Rommell Cuellar was parked along Briggsmore using a radar gun to catch speeders. He said Cuellar spotted Cardoza heading west on Briggsmore on his motorcycle with the front wheel in the air at 80 mph.

Cuellar followed Cardoza until he caught up with him at Briggsmore and Sisk Road. Findlen said Cuellar had his emergency lights on to make a traffic stop, and Cardoza appeared to attempt to flee.

The officer drove his police motorcycle alongside Cardoza, Findlen said, and Cuellar reached over and turned off the ignition on Cardoza's motorcycle.

Findlen said the officer then tried to apprehend Cardoza, but he resisted and the two men wrestled to the ground.

At some point during the brief struggle, Cuellar used a Taser gun on Cardoza. Findlen said it did not appear the Taser was effective, so the men continued to wrestle in the middle of the road.

Passers-by and Modesto firefighters helped the officer subdue Cardoza and take him into custody. No injuries were reported, Findlen said.

VBA 00735
VROC 28102

2008 KVN MOB & NS

The only hand-held device that should be legal to use while driving is the STEERING WHEEL!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-03-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
Advanced Member

80 mph on one wheel. Safe to say he's not riding a Nomad.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:34 AM   #3

Safe to say he's not using his brain.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
Top Contributor

I don't think the word "safe" can be used where this idiot is concerned.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 02-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
Top Contributor

Man that was some riding to be able to reach over and shut off the dopes ignition!

Glad they got the sucker.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #6

Reminds of a time I was riding with about 8-10 other ladies. We were crossing a dam (traffic one lane each way). Here comes a fella on a crotch rocket goes around all of us doing a wheelie. Now if he lost control where do you thin he you have landed up? Right in the middle of our string of bikes...idiot.

I'm with you Bob...that was cool turning off the switch....I wonder if they meant to say he hit the guys kill switch.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 02-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwind2
Reminds of a time I was riding with about 8-10 other ladies. We were crossing a dam (traffic one lane each way). Here comes a fella on a crotch rocket goes around all of us doing a wheelie. Now if he lost control where do you thin he you have landed up? Right in the middle of our string of bikes...idiot.

I'm with you Bob...that was cool turning off the switch....I wonder if they meant to say he hit the guys kill switch.
I wondered about the ignition switch myself. I'll bet he did hit the kill switch. Good point unwind2.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417